Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

command line sluggish and cursor freezes in Civil 3d 2012

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
968 Views, 6 Replies

command line sluggish and cursor freezes in Civil 3d 2012

Since last week (4-19-2012) Our users have been expierencing cursor issues and freezes with Civil 3d 2012.  Entering commands in the command line very slugish, pressing the shift key to select / de-select, trim, open osnap menu, ext.

We are running Win7pro6d bit quad core machines with 6gb ram, ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL), Intel Xeon ES640 (2.67 ghz).  AutoCAD Civil 3D(SP2) and all hotfixes installed.

This problem just started one week ago and It started with the cursor jumping all over the place when crossing objects.  We turned off the Roll Over Tool Tips and that helped with that problem. However; we now have very sluggish command line entry, 2 - 3 seconds after typing till it shows up, and cursors freezing when pressing the shift key for any reason.

I would appreciate any help on this matter.  It is beginning to be the most frustrating thing I have dealt with and we are at a loss.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry, I meant Service Pack 1, not Service Pack 2.

Message 3 of 7
jmayo-EE

Start with some basic debugging.

Does this happen in all dwg's? Use the empty acad.dwt file to test if you haven't.

Turn off all drawing aids (osnap,otrack,polar, lwt, etc) and close all dockable palletes. Does performance improve. If so open the dockables one by one and see if you can find the culprit. Then move to the drawing aids.

If you modified the default user profile you can also try to restore the default profile and see if that helps.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Yes it does occur in all drawings and on all machines running civil 3d.  I have closed all items and worked on a virtually clean screen.  The problem still occurs

Message 5 of 7
jmayo-EE

Hmm...I'll reach for a few straws.

How many users? What is the network traffic like? What is the network speed? If this happens to everyone there may be a network issue.

Anti virus software running? If so does it help if you tell the AV app to ignore many acad file extensions?

Is the user's temp folder pack with tens of thousands of files?

Was the system virtual memory configuration changed?

If you log on to the PC as a new or another user does the issue persist?

Were the video card drivers recently updated? Maybe they need to be?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I'm really leaning towards the network aspect of your response.  We are dealing with other network issues and the Accelerator that we use, "Blue Coat" has been the problem with them.  I'm going to double check and pry a little more to see exactly what the IT department changed last week and see if that is the problem.

As far as your other "straws":

All graphic cards are up to date

The temp files are not excessive, I emptied mine and still have the same problems

Anti-Virus is running, but wasn't a problem before last Thursday

Virtual memory hasn't been changed since the boot up.

Logging in as another user does the exact same thing.

Thanks for the response, I'll post if I get an answer from IT

Message 7 of 7
kstarnes

Did you get this resolved? I'm having similar concerns.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report