Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command line lag 2014

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Chuck_L_AKS
4480 Views, 6 Replies

Command line lag 2014

Since I was unable to find a solution on here I am sharing mine.  Among the new features in Civil 3D 2014, we have the command line that will autocomplete and autosearch commands, system variables, drawing content, etc. as you type.  This is kind of cool, however, this creates a lag in the process while searches for everything, especially if you have drawings with many entities.  This delay may be an annoyance to some, so here are a few things you can do the remedy this.  However, this comes with the sacrifice of turning off the handy autocomplete/autosearch function.

Here are two commands to try: 

1.  Command: INPUTSEARCHDELAY

Enter new value for INPUTSEARCHDELAY <300>:

Requires an integer between 100 and 10000.

300 is the default setting.  100 is the smallest you can set. (try this first)

2.  Command: -INPUTSEARCHOPTIONS

Default settings: AutoComplete = N, AutoCorrect = Y, System variable = Y, Content = Y, Midstring = Y, Delay=1.00

Enter an input search Option [autoComplete/autocoRrect/System variables/conTent/Midstring/Delay]: d

Specify the delay time in seconds: 0.10 is smallest

If you still are experiencing a lag, change each of the settings from Y to N and you may have a significant performance boost in your command line entry.  Check your performance after each one to see what works best for you. 

Current settings: AutoComplete = N, AutoCorrect = N, System variable = N, Content = N, Midstring = N, Delay=0.10

Chuck Litchfield
AKS Engineering and Forestry, LLC
C3D 2024
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
andri012
in reply to: Chuck_L_AKS

My command line has a settings button with a pic of a wrench on it, on the left side. From there you can also swich off autocomplete and autosearch. To me it seems easier than remembering and using the system variables.

Message 3 of 7
Cadguru42

That is one thing that's very annoying. Apparently I type faster than the autocomplete can keep up with, so when I type, say, fillet, I get fill instead. I did change the input delay and it helped some, but not always. Another coworker also has been having trouble with this. I'll let him try some of these out. BTW, in 2015 I don't seem to have this problem (strange enough). 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 4 of 7
wfberry
in reply to: Cadguru42

Make "F" a shorthand for fillet.

Bil

Message 5 of 7
jbbarrus

Glad for this post.  This has been annoying me ever since the switch to 2014.  I still have the issue in 2015.  I just set the delay to 100 microseconds.  I'll see what that does.

Thanks,

John Barrus, P.E.

Civco Engineering

Civil 3d 2015 SP2

Message 6 of 7
DeaconDave

I was having this annoying issue and I finally disabled by AUTOCOMPLETE and set my INPUTSEARCHDELAY to 800.  This corrected my lag issue.  You can access these system changes via the wrench icon next to the command line.

David King
Civil Designer
C3D 2014 SP2
C3D 2015 SP3
C3D 2018 SP2
Win 7 Pro - 64 Bit OS
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 @ 2.80 GHz
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600
Tags (3)
Message 7 of 7
snguyenecbid
in reply to: DeaconDave

Thank you, it helped a lot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report