Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command Line Issues - Command Line does not switch drawings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
SSicina
697 Views, 3 Replies

Command Line Issues - Command Line does not switch drawings

Hi all,

I'm looking to see if anyone has found a fix for this command line issue that I consistantly have.  While working in AutoCad 2015 Civil 3D I usually have multiple drawings open that I have to flip back and forth from.  The problem that I have is when I switch from drawing "A" to drawing "B" my command line stays within drawing "A".  So I am looking at drawing "B" and try to enter a command...lets say the List command,  I type in li and hit enter and nothing happens in drawing "B",  but if I go back to drawing "A" I have the Insert dialog box shown on the screen.  So in short what I can gather is that my command line gets left behind or stuck in the previous drawing, and I know of a quick fix, when this happens you go back into the previous drawing ("A") and cancel out of whatever command is entered in this drawing and go back into your other drawing ("B") and the issue is usually resolved.  This was a minor inconvenionce at first but has become annoying because is will happen multiple times a day.  Hoping somebody might know how to fix this, thanks  

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: SSicina

Yes this issue has been brought up before here as recently as yesterday in This thread .

If your on Subscription you may want to fill out a Support Request for the issue and see what they say about it.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
ShawnMcCorkle1211
in reply to: Jay_B

I just started having this same issue as well with Civil 3d 2015.

Message 4 of 4
max_bellato
in reply to: SSicina

Hello,

We have been having a similar issue. Did you ever find a fix to this.

Regards

Max

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report