Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command Line Input Problems. HELP!! C3D 06

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Joel Harry
313 Views, 6 Replies

Command Line Input Problems. HELP!! C3D 06

I just installed C3D 2006 and there's seems to be a major problem with command input. For instance, I try to input L for line and instead of AutoCAD responding:
Command: l LINE Specify first point:
it actually responds:
Command: l LINE Specify first point: l
(adds an extra l).
It does this on many shortcut keyboard commands and is driving me crazy!. The only way they will work is by entering the commands at a painstakingly slow rate (e...wait 2 seconds...n...wait 2 seconds...d..wait 2 seconds, to snap to end point of line). grr!!

If I change to dynamic input, it is better but not totally resolved.

Another user in my office is using 06 and does not experience this problem. I have tried everything from using several different keyboards (corded and optical), to changing the dynamic input settings. Nothing seems to work, and there's no apparent reason that I can find for the program to be acting this way.

Did anyone else run into this problem with O6?!?

p.s. keyboard command input worked flawlessly for me with C3D 05.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nzeeben
in reply to: Joel Harry

Turn off DYN on your status bar.
Message 3 of 7
Joel Harry

This does not seem to be a Dynamic Input On/Off problem. Actually turning off DYN makes things even worse as far as typing in the keyboard shortcuts.

However, I think I may have nailed down the problem...maybe. I'm running 06 on a laptop and I've only got 768 MB of RAM (Pentium IV, 2.66). After seeing that the min. requir. are 1 Gig, that's the only reason I can think of that would cause slow input feedback.

When I have DYN turned on, typed in commands will actually input correctly. It's just that using the spacebar as return in DYN mode is ineffective (have to hit space bar twice instead of once to execute the command).
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Joel Harry wrote:
> This does not seem to be a Dynamic Input On/Off problem. Actually turning off DYN makes things even worse as far as typing in the keyboard shortcuts.
>
> However, I think I may have nailed down the problem...maybe. I'm running 06 on a laptop and I've only got 768 MB of RAM (Pentium IV, 2.66). After seeing that the min. requir. are 1 Gig, that's the only reason I can think of that would cause slow input feedback.
>
> When I have DYN turned on, typed in commands will actually input correctly. It's just that using the spacebar as return in DYN mode is ineffective (have to hit space bar twice instead of once to execute the command).

You can monitor memory usage in Windows by invoking Task Manager and
switching to the performance tab. Are you running out of memory
according to Windows?

If you can toggle DYN and see a change in behavior, I doubt that limited
memory is the culprit.

--
Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc.
Autodesk Civil3D Product Information: http://www.autodesk.com/civil3d
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Before you upgrade your hardware, you should know that I am also running C3D 2006 on a laptop (Pentium M 2GHz, 512 MB RAM) and I have not experienced anything like you are describing.

I know that doesn't solve your problem, but hopefully it helps limit your search. Good Luck!
Message 6 of 7
Joel Harry

Okay..finally figured out the problem (in case any other poor fools run into this).

I'm using a wireless Logitech LX300 (I think) keyboard and mouse. The driver I had or the keyboard was the Logitech one-touch driver. When I changed the driver to the standard PS/2 Keyboard driver, everything worked fine. Now I can't use the "quick" keys on the keyboard, but that's a small price to pay for being able to use my shortcut commands in AutoCAD again!!
Message 7 of 7
jdavidson

I too have recently ran into this problem. Ironically, it was another workstation that this first occurred. Keyboard input is PAINSTAKINGLY slow. Typing END for endpoint for example would get me "ND" You have to type "E" then wait a second, then finish it off.

My workstation and the affected workstation both have wireless Logitech keyboards, MX700 wireless mouse and keyboard. The problem didn't start happening on my workstation until I loaded the Logitech drivers for the extra keyboard buttons.

JD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report