Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collaborative work

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
talvasconcelos
278 Views, 1 Reply

Collaborative work

Hi, i need to come up with a solution for remote teams can work on project along side local workers. We have a centralized server where the C3D Projects are. We work with data references.

What is the best solution for a remote team to work on these files, assuming we don't want to work with 360? VPN to connect directly to the server? 

For example, i work out of the office. I connect to the server trough VPN and define my working folder as i normaly would if i was at the office?

What is the downside to this? connection speed? The files vary great in size, we may have a surface file with 150mb or 5mb depending on the size of the project, corridor file usually arround 10mb, the rest is normal dwg, from 1 to 4mb in size.

Thanks,

Tiago Vasconcelos

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Tiago,

Your best bet to get this work done will be using VPN. However, VPN has not been fully tested by all teams, and is therefore not technically supported. The main issues that have come up in the past typically have to do with bandwidth and latency speeds.

This article specifies some of the connection issues, and how best to overcome and alleviate them. Check the Soltions area specifically.

Willy Campbell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report