Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cogo points

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1068 Views, 5 Replies

Cogo points

I am importing points from a csv file into Civil 3D 2009 and they come in as cogo points.  I need to upload these points to a GIS website and it will not take cogo points.  How do I convert these points.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
awood
in reply to: Anonymous

I would explore using the Map portion of Civil 3D. Maybe use the Data Connect as an ODBC connection to the .csv file. You can probably then export it as a feature (depends what formats your GIS will accept). Or after connecting, Use the Map Task Pane Tools button - Save current Map as DWG then export the points as a shp file...

HTH

Awood

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: awood

So far the only way I have found is to type in 'Point' on ther command line and this inserts a point where I put it .  This is ok for now because I have only a few points to do.  I have one coming up with a few hundred points.  There has to be an easier way.  I have tried several ways to import the txt. file and they are always cogo points.  When I upload these to the GIS website it is rejected.  They told me cogo points will not work they have to be points. 

Message 4 of 6
Civil3DReminders

Import the cogo points, change/create a point style to use an AutoCAD Point, explode the points twice, upload.

Christopher

http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/

Message 5 of 6
Sinc
in reply to: Civil3DReminders

Or if the Cogo Points happen to be in a Surface, you can also turn on the "Points" display in your Surface Style, then extract the points from the surface (select the surface to get the "Surface" context tab in the Ribbon -> Extract Objects, or Surfaces -> Surface Utilities in the old menus).

Sinc
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Have you tried the "Output" tab of the Ribbon, Export, "Export Civil Objects to SDF"

This appears to be able to push the points into a .SDF (Spatial Data Format) GIS file.  Then you could use the Map routines to "Bulk Copy" the .SDF into a .SHP if you need to.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report