Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COGO Points won't display in one of my layouts

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
aacdebo
4205 Views, 3 Replies

COGO Points won't display in one of my layouts

Hello,

I've been looking all over for a solution and can't find one. So, here's my problem:

I have a layout in my drawing (Civil 3d 2011) with multiple viewports and my point symbols (trees, manholes, etc.) won't display. I have other layouts in the same drawing that display them fine, but I need to use this specific layout for what I'm doing. This must be a setting of some sort but I can't seem to figure it out. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matthew

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
phil_borycens
in reply to: aacdebo

Hi Matthew,

Are your point symbols on a drawing layer that is frozen for a particular viewport?

You should be aware that it's possible to freeze and thaw layers, not just drawing-wide, but viewport-by-viewport. See the attached screenshot for the settings to look for.

Does this resolve your issue?

Phil Borycens
Message 3 of 4
aacdebo
in reply to: phil_borycens

Thanks Phil,

Right on target. I have a layout with 7 viewports and had to thaw them for each. Sheesh!

On a similar note, some of my polylines that are the same type and on the same layer are displaying 

differently in those different viewports. I have enabled linetype generation for them, set PSLTSCALE to 1, and TILEMODE to 0, and the lnetype scale on the layer to one. I still have to adjust the scale through the viewport to get them to appear the same. All of my viewports are set at the same scale, too. Any Ideas?

Thanks again,

Matthew

Message 4 of 4
Sinc
in reply to: aacdebo

TILEMODE should not have any effect for this.  All it does is switch you between paperspace and  modelspace.

For most, the best way to work in 2008 and later is to have LTSCALE=1, PSLTSCALE=1, and MSLTSCALE=1.

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report