Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cogo Points snapping to Z value (Civil 2013)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jwebb88
2053 Views, 5 Replies

Cogo Points snapping to Z value (Civil 2013)

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone will be able to help me out, it 2012, I was able to move Cogo points onto an existing line or polyline, and retain their existing Z value, rather than changing to 0.00 of the height of the poly line/line.

Is there a variable to change this? Thought it might be "OSNAPZ" but thats already set to 1 and this is still happening.

Any ideas?

Thanks, 

Jeremy

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Arber83
in reply to: jwebb88

Try to give the dimension polyline  to the desired (Z)

Message 3 of 6
KirkNoonan

Try un-checking this setting in your options. (OSNAPZ = 0)

Message 4 of 6
troma

I think the OSANPZ variable is meant to work with the move command, but not snapping a grip.  I've read elsewhere on these forums that the 2012 behaviour was a 'glitch' as far as AutoDesk is concerned, and 2013 put it back to the way it is 'supposed' to be.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 6
SurveyorLee

It is a setting in your point style. On the 3-D tab, set it to Flatten To Elevation and set your elevation to 0.

You will have to do this for each style, or go to the "over rides" for the point Group "ALL'

Surveyor Lee

Message 6 of 6
Adriano_cad

hello

If you drag the point by Grip to a new position to coordinate z will switch to the indicated position, but if you use the Move with OSNAPZ = 1, the quota will be existing at the point.

Thanks

Adriano Oliveira
Diretor Soluções BIM MaxiCAD
MaxiCAD Soluções e Educação BIM.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

some text

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report