Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cogo points explode to block reference

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
torner
3647 Views, 4 Replies

cogo points explode to block reference

I got a survey that has hundreds of cogo points. I need to bring this into a mapping dwg but not as cogo points. What's already in the map file is block reference (trees, power poles, signs, etc.). When I explode the cogo points (select all) they turn into 1/100th of the size (although the Properties scale hasn't changed). If I explode one by one, they are fine. Any clues on how I can get these cogo points into the map dwg as block reference at the correct\original size?

Tom
C3D 2012 sp4\C3D 2014 sp2
W7Pro 64bit
HP Z400 Workstation
16 GB RAM
Intel Xeon CPU W3565@3.20GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
troma
in reply to: torner

Home tab > Create Ground Data panel > Points menu > Create Blocks From COGO Points

I haven't tried it, but I noticed it there recently.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 5
mathewkol

Are you exploding them from paper space?  Try it in Model Space if you are.  I'm exploding some here and they're not changing size.  You need to explode them twice to get these to normal blocks.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 5
torner
in reply to: mathewkol

This is in Model space. Basic points brought in from a PNEZD.txt file and Description Key Set applied. The first explode I do will make them 1/100th of their size. I think the base map was created from a dgn at some point. I just want these points to come into the base map at the correct size and not change if the annotation scale is adjusted.

Tom
C3D 2012 sp4\C3D 2014 sp2
W7Pro 64bit
HP Z400 Workstation
16 GB RAM
Intel Xeon CPU W3565@3.20GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Message 5 of 5
jmayo-EE

This is an old post but this KB article MAY help if someone else reads this post.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report