Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COGO Point Issue

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
DaveM
628 Views, 8 Replies

COGO Point Issue

All,

I have this wierd issue right know affecting the cogo point aspect of my software. Whenever I Import points orchange point styles, the software starts acting funny. The cursor has the little pinwheel start appearing and it appears to pulsate. It will let me keep working, but does not stop until I close the software and then end task on acad.exe. The first time I noticed this was after the first time I migrated data from an 2009 LDD database. I have attached a viddeo, but its not the greatest example. Has anyone scene this issue? Thanks in advance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8asq9kroosysbv/Point%20Cursor%20Issue.mp4

Dave

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jay_B
in reply to: DaveM

Dave,

I had this same issue, ironically you participated in the thread. Smiley Wink

Recreating the arg Profile fixed the cursor flicker here.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 9
tcorey
in reply to: Jay_B

I was going to suggest turning off hardware acceleration...

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 9
DaveM

Jay,

Sorry it took so long to respond, I have a field position now and I am out more than in. I am not familiar with creating an arg file, Could you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Dave

PS I tried hardware acceleration, Unfortunately it did not have any success.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Message 5 of 9
Jay_B

Hi Dave,

Poor choice of words on my part, you don't actually need to create an arg profile which btw is created simply by choosing export on the profiles tab in options.
Purpose of the export is so that arg can be imported on another users cpu by choosing import on profiles tab. This way multiple machines can share the same search paths and settings.

If you have a cad manager etc. that creates custom AutoCad profiles etc. for your company ask for help there first.

if not this should help get you going:

If the issue is limited to your cpu then go to options>profiles tab.
What is the name of the current profile? Likely similar to one of following.
<<civil 3d imperial>>
<<unnamed>>
<<your company custom>>

If <<civil 3d imperial>> is not the current profile (assuming your working in imperial) first set this profile as current and do whatever tasks were triggering the cursor flicker. Did the problem go away? If so a new user profile can be created by choosing "ADD" button (this will create a copy of the default <<c3d imperial>>) (or whatever profile is listed as current.

Please be aware that any custom search paths, plotting paths, template settings and any changes from default you had previously will all need to be manually set in this new profile.

Note: if its the default <<civil 3d imperial>> profile in use (which might be corrupt) this can be RESET by choosing the RESET button found on profiles tab. Warning reset means just that and manual steps listed above also apply if starting anew via a reset.

If you get stuck and have more questions just ask here.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 6 of 9
DaveM

Jay, it is most def the profile. to give others a warning. Pressing the reset defaults to regular autocad not civil. I lost all of my civil ribbons. I exported and re-imported a profile from 2013 and it is not playing nice. I am not sure how to get back to the 2011 civil 3d imperail profile at this moment.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Message 7 of 9
Jay_B

Dave,

Not good. Sorry to hear that, I would first try a Reset of User Settings

Or a Repair of Civil 3d - Start - control panel - programs-uninstall a program - pick AutoCAD Civil 3D and select "change" and the Autodesk dialog screen will pop up giving you the option to repair or uninstall the installation.

2013 isn't going to work.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 8 of 9
DaveM

I did a repair and that appears to work. I thought I needed the download to do that and It will no longer let me download 2011. Thanks Jay for all the help.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Message 9 of 9
Jay_B

dmartin wrote:

to give others a warning. Pressing the reset defaults to regular autocad not civil. I lost all of my civil ribbons. I exported and re-imported a profile from 2013 and it is not playing nice. I am not sure how to get back to the 2011 civil 3d imperail profile at this moment.

Dave,

Saw this Reset Civil 3D Profiles posted in the May new support knowledge base solutions.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report