Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Storage Options?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rxfoote
270 Views, 1 Reply

Cloud Storage Options?

We servivce a fairly large and growing Engineering firm.  They now have 8 different offices in the US, and will have 4 to 5 more in the next year.  Currently, each location has a CentOS box that all their CAD files are stored on, then VPN tunnels between all offices to share access to the other offices CAD Servers.  Make sense?  As they continue to grow, it would be nice if there was a scaleable and fast enough solution that all their files are stored in a central cloud location and all accessed from this same location.  Any recommendations?  My biggest concern with this, is the speed to access the drawings.  Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rl_jackson
in reply to: rxfoote

You may for starters want to look at Vault2015 I've heard that its been improved quite a bit, and works better with Civil3D than in the past. It's not a Cloud Solution but might work for your situation. As far as using Civil3D with drawing files over the internet. Personally I can't ever see that as a viable option, as the software is to much of a workhorse. Ive seen lag in the local intranet with files on the server, I couldn't image trying to do the same thing over the internet.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report