Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing a parcel

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
IanMcClain
1900 Views, 4 Replies

Closing a parcel

I have a large parce with 59 segments, all lines and arcs, that I am trying to turn into a parcel. I used create parcel from objects and get new "parcel segments" that mirror my original lines and arcs appear to all connect, however I don't get a parcel in the end, just parcel segments. I can't figure out where it is not closing.

I fear it may be due to a couple of non-tangent curves because with I did a BO command the poly it spit out did some whacky things in thoses spots. The original lines and arcs connect at the endpoints, though.

How can I figure out were the deficency is so I can make a parcel?

Ian McClain
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: IanMcClain

1. With layer zero on and thawed try to run the hatch command. If it is open a red cross will appear at the opening.

2. Use the Join command to join the segments. Use PE to force close. Use Boundary to get a shiny new pline. Delete old pline (I don't trust force closing) and xplode new pline. Make parcel.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
bcsurvey
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Ian, I went through this a few months ago.  C3D only recognizes closed polylines as "parcels", but you can still create parcel segments.  If you're putting in linework based on a legal description, you will almost never close (perfect rectangles and such notwithstanding). 

If this is the case, it would behoove you to becomg familiar with Mapcheck and the Coordinate Geometry Editor, both found on the Analyze palette of the Survey ribbon, if you haven't already.  It'll take some time to familiarize yourself with it, but you can easily perform traverse/boundary adjustments here.

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Message 4 of 5
antoniovinci
in reply to: IanMcClain

When I have such a trouble, I always explode the chain, then I perform _MAPCLEAN with '"Delete duplicates" and "Dissolve pseudo-nodes", finally I create a topology.
If something's going wrong, the _MAPTOPOCREATE routine warns me graphically where's the problem.

Message 5 of 5
IanMcClain
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Hatching didn't give me any errors, perhaphs because some setting was allowing it to bridge the gaps.

Selecting all my lines and arcs and joining made two polylines. This let me find an overshoot and an undershoot in my linework so I could fix it.

Good suggestions, Thanks!

Ian McClain

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report