Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close Contour Labels - Issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
nicholegoodrich16
406 Views, 4 Replies

Close Contour Labels - Issue

Hello.  I'm relatively new to C3D (since my new job began in January), so please don't make fun of me if this is a simple question... Smiley Happy

I labeled a few contours by

"Add Labels -> Contour - Single"

My contours are pretty close together at the point I need to have them labeled.  Even though it is a "single" contour, it is showing the label for the contour next to it as well.

Here is an example:

Autodesk Question.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Nichole

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

When you select a contour label you should see a short blue line, anything this line crosses is labeled. A single label is just a default length short line whereas a multi label is this same line just stretched at a defined length. So if you shorten this already short line, only the contour you want will be labeled. 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 5

Thanks so much! Worked!

Message 4 of 5

Hi I'm having the same problem.  How do you shorten the blue line???

Message 5 of 5
cadtech1986
in reply to: JDESILVA

When you select the contour label, the grip points for the line will be highlighted. Simply drag the grips to shorten the line.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report