Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

civl3D 2013 wont open

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
chicorogers
526 Views, 5 Replies

civl3D 2013 wont open

I have installed auto cad civil 3D 2013 on my laptop at work and this message comes up when I try to run the program. 

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Auto CAD Civil 3D 2013\Acmgd.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

I have installed it three times and the same thing happens every time, even when I restart the computer

What should I do? My system seems to meet all the required criteria

Thank you for your time

David Kidd, and Curtis Rogers

Tackaberry Construction Co. Ltd.

Curtis Rogers, CET
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

remove your serial and contract number (as long as you can edit your message)!

And to your problem: have you disabled antivirus-software (and other defending-sw) while installing?

Had you full(!) admin-rights while installing?

Does the LOG-file show up any errors?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

don't post serial numbers on a public forum

this is not a private portal to autodesk

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
chicorogers
in reply to: DarrenP

thx for the help, not

Curtis Rogers, CET
Message 5 of 6

when the files were extracting, i did see a few red error messages, is that what you mean? It has opened now, but it says i must download the auto cad welcome screen. It shouldnt be this difficult i dont think. When it opens now, there is no ribbon at the top, just a few commands at the bottom and right side, and i cant open or create new, it says i must download the welcome screen.

Curtis Rogers, CET
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

>> when the files were extracting, i did see a few red error messages

Without seeing them I can't say that's the source of your problem(s).

>> When it opens now, there is no ribbon at the top, just a few commands at the bottom and right side

Try to set the "Civil" workspace active, do the menues and ribbons then appear?

>> it says i must download the welcome screen.

I can't remember, but there was something that made it necessary to have it installed. So goto Windows-Software (under control panel), click on Civil3D, start "Add/remove" ==> then you get the option to add functionality and within the dialog you can add the Welcome-Screen to the installed options (look for user-defined setup/config .... don't know the english exact wording for this, sorry).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report