Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civils 3D Petrol interceptor and pumping stations

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
630 Views, 3 Replies

Civils 3D Petrol interceptor and pumping stations

Hi

Is there a way to model an intelligent petrol interceptor and pumping station in Civils 3D?

If so will these integrate with Windes?

Thanks in advance

Ian

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not sure what you mean by "intelligent".

You can create a petrol interceptor or pumping station which will take on the correct apperance by using part builder and add information to it, warning though using part builder is very combersome and counterintuative.

As for passing the information to windes. It will import via the sws / fws windes import as a network containing manholes and pipework with the relevant sizes and levels so long as they are within the pip file but you would still need to model any specifics relative to the pump chamber and interceptor thereafter.

Ask yourself, does the civil3d object need to be correct to the shape & size if not I would just use a standard chamber and modify the chamber specifics in windes. The information will only pass through in terms of size, diameter and levels. I have not tried any square chambers so it may be possible to model a interceptor as a square box and pass the information through in this way. I imagine it's not worth it though.

M.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Thanks, we will give this a go.

Ian

Message 4 of 4
hengkimleng
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report