Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civils 3D 2012 integration with Windes 2013.1

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cceleeds
1371 Views, 4 Replies

Civils 3D 2012 integration with Windes 2013.1

Morning

We have currently updated our Windes software to version 2013.1. Does this version still link/integrate with Civils 3D 2012?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Mathew.webber
in reply to: cceleeds

Good Morning,

The link with Civil3D will still work as per previous versions in that SWS files can be loaded and saved via the UK and Ireland Country kit that Autodesk produce. We have provided the MDX file format details to Autodesk, but I am not sure if/when this will be added to their kit.

WinDes 2013 also has an improved plugin, previously known as MDCAD, that is available to all DrawNet users. This allows pipe networks to be sketched and scheduled within AutoCAD/Civil3D and then exported back to WinDes ready for Simulation. The Civil3D version also allows the a TIN Surface with the CIvil3D model to be used to extract cover levels for the network.

If you need any further information please let us know, for ease our email is below.

I hope this helps

Mathew Webber

Micro Drainage Support - support@microdrainage.co.uk

Message 3 of 5
cceleeds
in reply to: Mathew.webber

Thanks Matthew

Message 4 of 5
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: Mathew.webber

Mathew, I have recently added the new windes functionality to Civil3d 2013 and have come across some problems.

After installation I did not have any of the Ribbons etc loaded or a Microdrainage profile. if I run the Drawnet Cad shortcut it loads 2013 in "As AutoCAD mode" with no Civil 3d functionality or with Drawnet functionality.

I had to manually load the Cui files (after which always show up) and 2013 Dll files to enable it to function in Civil3D, I also have to manually load the Dll every time I wish to use it in a new session. I'll sort that one by adding / correcting a registry entry at some point.

Although I didn't actually install this, our office IT chap did so I don't know if he targeted 2012 instead (Which is installed side by side) but as it seems to want to run 2013 I guess not.

It's a pitty that the new functionality didn't extend to work directly with pipe networks but the SWS export/import does work well.

Mike.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 5 of 5
Mathew.webber
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Mike,

When DrawNet(CAD) is installed it will try to create a 'DrawNet' profile in the last used version of AutoCAD prior to installation.The DrawNet(CAD) shortcut will then always attempt to launch that profile in that version of AutoCAD. This can be adjusted through the registry if you wish to change the AutoCAD version used - drop us an email for help on this.

As you mentioned you can add its functionality to a different profile or to another version of AutoCAD on the same machine by linking to the CUIX file via MENULOAD. To help DrawNet(CAD) find the appropriate DLL when loading you need to add the DrawNet(CAD) installation directory (C:/Program Files/Micro Drainage Ltd/DrawNet(CAD) 2013) to the Support File Paths doe the profile in OPTIONS.

If you have any further problems in the future please drop us an email and we will be able to assist.

Thanks,

Mathew Webber

Micro Drainage Support - support@microdrainage.co.uk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report