Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil3d2009-Compatibility with Window7 operating system

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bdr5843
272 Views, 3 Replies

Civil3d2009-Compatibility with Window7 operating system

Hellow there:

I would like to know if my Civil3d 2009 software can be installed in a new computer with Window7 Ultimate operating system; and if so, how can I transfer my licence to this new computer.

Thanks.

Benjamin Delgado

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: bdr5843

Yes, it works just fine on Win 7.

Use the Portable License Utility included with C3D. Here's some infor from the 2009 help file:

Your stand-alone license allows you to run an Autodesk product on a single workstation. However, you can still install your Autodesk product on more than one computer. Without purchasing a separate license for the second installation, you can use the Portable License utility to transfer a license from one workstation to another.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: bdr5843

Keep in mind that Autodesk 2009 products are not supported on Windows 7 and have been known to be problematic.  Some people have had success getting them to work, however Autodesk's official response is that this is not a supported environment.  Good luck!

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=14185352

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
Sinc
in reply to: TravisNave

@TravisNave wrote:

Keep in mind that Autodesk 2009 products are not supported on Windows 7 and have been known to be problematic.

What problems?

I've used C3D 2009 extensively on Win 7 with no issues discovered, outside of a couple of UAC issues that are easily-fixed without disabling UAC.  And of course, the MAPIINSERT issue, where MAPIINSERT doesn't work on 64-bit systems in 2009 (but it also doesn't work with the 3GB switch enabled in XP).

I know Autodesk did not officially test C3D 2009 on Win 7, which is why it is listed as "not supported", but I haven't discovered any issues peculiar to Win 7.  Lots and lots of bugs, but those are in the program regardless of the OS.

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report