Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil3d Points in Xref

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rico27511
1244 Views, 2 Replies

Civil3d Points in Xref

I have 2 drawings - a base (source) drawing and a sheet (production) drawing. The base drawing is Xref'd into the sheet drawing. I imported survey points into the base drawing. Some of the points were from a text file and some were from a field book (.FBK) file. The points have varying symbols and layers based on C3D point styles. Everything looks good in the base drawing. I do not want the point symbols to show up in the sheet drawing but they all display. I have tried freezing/turning off all of the point layers in the sheet drawing but they still show up. I also deleted all of the points from the base drawing and re-imported them but that did not help either. I have not worked with survey points that much so maybe there is something I am missing.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Citadel2012
in reply to: rico27511

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 2 drawings - a base (source) drawing and a sheet (production) drawing. The base drawing is Xref'd into the sheet drawing. I imported survey points into the base drawing. Some of the points were from a text file and some were from a field book (.FBK) file. The points have varying symbols and layers based on C3D point styles. Everything looks good in the base drawing. I do not want the point symbols to show up in the sheet drawing but they all display. I have tried freezing/turning off all of the point layers in the sheet drawing but they still show up. I also deleted all of the points from the base drawing and re-imported them but that did not help either. I have not worked with survey points that much so maybe there is something I am missing.

Try creating a point group that includes all of the points that you wish not to display with a no-show point style and label style. Check the prospector to be sure that the point styles are not being overridden; they should be recieving their style and label style from the point group. 

If you are attempting to freeze the point layers in your sheet file but the points still appear, check the layers of the components of the point/label styles. 

in reply to: Citadel2012

It seems the points in question were using Autocad points, not blocks as the markers. I just changed the points to a non-display symbol and it works fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report