Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil3d has potential, but too high level UI

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
180 Views, 3 Replies

Civil3d has potential, but too high level UI

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Message 3 of 4

ya right, I wish. I already get the boss saying that I am not being equally fair with all the users, or I show preferencial treatment to some and I am short with others. This is my 3rd different company as cad help / manager and I always did some sort of support at every place I ever worked for cuz I was the "high school education that can design anything" person. But I am sick of civil so I do IT 🙂 Anyways, I don't think its AutoDesk's fault entirely. Yes there are lame users, but I do think the UI could be made better to help a broader range of users. I run into way more its too complicated users then do I run into experts. "Tim S." |>You have got to get out of there bud. Working with idiots can poison an |>otherwise bright mind. You have already been around these dips long enough |>to think it is AutoDesk's fault. Try this: the next time one of them asks a |>really dumb question, knock on their head and say, "Ummm hello? Earth |>calling Engineer Goober. Just to give you an example, I have two people |>with nothing more than a high school education that can design anything. |>Complete with Hydro, slope stability, etc. ----------------------- Dave Lewis CAD Manager Just say no to HTML Posts!
Message 4 of 4

We have a simple way around that. Regardless of education, you can either use it or you can't. If you can't,,, you don't. You will notice that users who are good at this do not need tons of training, nor do they have a need to be babysat through every process. For the people who say "They won't let me use the program." We say, "Right". No one let me use it, no one let anyone else use it, they just took the initiative and learned it. THOSE people are efficient with it. Some are engineers, others like I said are just high school graduates. Most of our engineers do not want to use it because they feel like their time is better spent on things more challenging than Cad work. Then, if you are one of the few who have shown an aptitude for this type of work, and you don't drive the rest of the office nuts with stupid questions, then we will add to your knowledge with training. To the question, "Hey can you show me how to calculate a volume?" I say, "Yeah, come in after work and click Help>Land Desktop Tutorials". I stay 90 percent chargeable and have no time to train anyone. Tim "Dave Lewis" wrote in message news:okv0uv45psvdq50qof6rv32e7m0mi8v89c@4ax.com... > ya right, I wish. I already get the boss saying that I am not being equally fair with > all the users, or I show preferencial treatment to some and I am short with others. > This is my 3rd different company as cad help / manager and I always did some sort > of support at every place I ever worked for cuz I was the "high school education that > can design anything" person. But I am sick of civil so I do IT :) Anyways, I don't > think its AutoDesk's fault entirely. Yes there are lame users, but I do think the UI > could be made better to help a broader range of users. I run into way more its too > complicated users then do I run into experts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report