Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil3d data not accessible in table cells

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
122 Views, 1 Reply

Civil3d data not accessible in table cells

I'm creating a Storm Sewer Design table that I want to dynamically update based on links to key objects within the drawing. Objects like Storm Boundaries, pipe lengths between manholes, pipe slopes, pipe diameters, etc.
If the entities in the dwg. are just AutoCAD entities, I can easily go to my cell, insert Field by Object, select Object. I can then select area, length, etc. The problem comes when I try to do that with Civil3D entities like Parcels, Profiles, Feature Lines, Pipe Network, etc. All I get for options with those are Color, Description, Linetype, etc. and not the important data within those entities.

So my question is how do I access data from Civil3d entities to make it available within a Table?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am not sure if I'm correct, but I think I remember reading another post similar to this one and found that this cannot be done yet (expecting too much), but is on the wishlist for a future version. Again, I may be wrong. Do a search on tables to see if you find something like that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report