Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil3D Basepoint Tranformation and LDT North Rotation.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wutzman
305 Views, 2 Replies

Civil3D Basepoint Tranformation and LDT North Rotation.

I have a dwg that xref's a basemap, design dwg, numerous pipe networks, alignments, etc etc etc.

The basemap was given to us by the client (State Department) and is NOT in any State Plane system.  I remember in LDT we could do a north rotation and basically separate out the N/E from the autocad X/Y's.

The drawing settings tab under Transformation doesn't do a thing.

Any ideas?

I need to label all the coordinates in State Plane and do not want to actually MOVE and Rotate the entire dozen or so drawings and refix all the match lines for plan/profiles.   this isn't as simple as as adding a factor to label. There is a rotation also.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mathewkol
in reply to: wutzman

Civil 3D has no north rotation setting that LDT had.  The transformation tab, coupled with editing your labels to show "Grid northing and easting"  may help, though I've never tried it in your circumstance.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 3
Sinc
in reply to: mathewkol

The Transformation Tab really has a different usage.  I can't really think of a way that it could be used to help in this situation.

The lack of some sort of support for something similar to BPNR in C3D has created a lot of headaches...  LDD's implementation of BPNR left a lot to be desired, but C3D's complete elimination of that functionality wasn't really an ideal solution.

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report