Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil view: Placing surveyed trees

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
ltwigg
369 Views, 0 Replies

Civil view: Placing surveyed trees

Has anyone had any experience with placing large amounts of trees using Civil View? 

eg. Say you had a large volume of surveyed trees entered into Civil 3d as cogo points. You export the points as part of your VSP3D file, and import the point group into 3ds Max Design. How do you get trees from the Civil View Resource kit to map to the points?

I know there are ways in Max to setup random scatter of trees (ie using scatter on a surface) and there are plugins designed for random tree scatter (itoosoft's plugin) but those dont sort this issue. 

If you want to use the Civil view object placement style editor it requires a shape (effectively a line/polyline) and then spacing increments along that line, which doesnt suit a collection of irregularly spaced points. 

So is there some other way to get the data out of Civil 3d and into Civil View that allows for quick setup of trees in surveyed locations? Or is it not yet possible and I have to sort a workaround? 

Any help or pointing in the right direction is greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

Luke

Civil 3d 2012 SP1, 3ds Max 2012, Civil View
Intel Core i7 X980 @ 3.33GHz, 12GB ram, 64-bit Win7
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report