Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil Imperial Subassemblies not working

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
mauserp08
2413 Views, 15 Replies

Civil Imperial Subassemblies not working

We have been using Civil3D 2013 for a few months now and yesterday was the first time for me to try and use it to create a roadway assembly. I ran into a big problem, the Civil Imperial Subassemblies toolbar has no commands associated with it. All the parts are shown on the toolbar on each tab but there is nothing associated with them. I have included a picture of the properties of the Basic Lane part for you to see what I find. I also tried to enter the command CreateAssemblyTool with no luck. Civil3D does not recognize it.  I made sure I was up to date on all patches and fixes and ran a repair of the program as well. Still no joy. I did not have this problem with Civil3D 2010 when I used these commands. Everything was there and worked great. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks,

Sid.

Basic Lane.png

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
machadt
in reply to: mauserp08

Hi Sidney,

Please check that under the subassembly properties, they are pointing to:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\C3DStockSubassemblies.dll

As this image shows:

http://screencast.com/t/nmx07QXe

Tatiana Machado
AEC-ENI Application Engineer
Message 3 of 16
tcorey
in reply to: machadt

Could this have happened after he installed his new version and he let the settings migration run?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 16
mauserp08

Good Morning Tatiana,When I try to access the tool properties all that shows up is what is shown on the image in my original post. I have checked other toolbars and I get the same results. The toolbars that show what your image shows are as follows:

Civil Multiview Blocks
Annotation and Design
3D Make
Generic Make
Cameras
Visual Styles
Samples

The rest of the toolbars do not have anything else associated with them. I do not know what else to do to fix this problem. Any other ideas?Thanks.
Sid.

Message 5 of 16
mauserp08
in reply to: tcorey

Hi Terry,

I am not sure what you mean by letting the settins migration run? Can you explain this process a bit more please.
Thanks.
Sid.

Message 6 of 16
tcorey

@mauserp08 wrote:

Hi Terry,

I am not sure what you mean by letting the settins migration run? Can you explain this process a bit more please.
Thanks.
Sid.

It's Tim, notTerry, but I've been called worse!

When you install a new version and run it the first time, a settings migration dialog appears. If you just press OK, the settings from an older version are migrated up to your new version. I am wondering if perhaps the OP pressed OK and it messed up his subassy pathing.

Tim

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 7 of 16
machadt

Hi Sid,

OK, so none of your tool palettes are working... Correct?

Please check this path under Options -> Files tab, Tool Palettes File Location:

This is the default location:

C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\support\ToolPalette

If this is pointing to any other folder it could be something wrong on the software configuration.

Please post an image of your Support File Search Path

Tatiana Machado
Message 8 of 16
mauserp08

Tim,
I apologize for calling you Terry this morning. I really don't know why I did that. Call it not enough coffee and to early in the morning.

As for the migration issue, I still have 2010 and 2011 on my machine. The toolbars for the civil subassemblies still work in 2010 but not in 2011. I wonder if this is where the problem started and this set of toolbars did not get set up in 2011. Then when we made the move to 2013 it picked up on the setting from 2011. Now how to fix this is the question. Is there a way to change this as far as you know?

Sid.

Message 9 of 16
mauserp08

Hi Tatiana,

The toolbars that are working are listed in my post. The toolbars that are not working are the

Civil Imperial Subassemblies toolbar and the Civil Metric Subassembles toolbar. The rest seem

to be ok including the one I created myself.

Here is the support file search path that you requested.

Sid.

Message 10 of 16
tcorey

I would uninstall and reinstall. Be sure you dont let the migration run.

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 11 of 16
machadt

You are missing one of our default paths there, is should be the first one on top.

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\appdata\roaming\autodesk\c3d 2013\enu\support

Please add it and let me know if this work for you.

Tatiana Machado
Message 12 of 16
mauserp08

Tatiana,

The path was there but was located towards the bottom of the list. I moved it to the top but it did not help. The toolbars still will not work and do not show any thing other than what I posted earlier. I did get a fatal error when I tried to select anything on the Assemblies - Metric or Assemblies Imperial. I have included an image of the fatal error for you to look at. I have tried to select other portions of those two tabs and each will give me a new error code. Any ideas?

Sid.

Message 13 of 16
mauserp08

Tim,

I have talked to my boss and it looks like I will be doing the unistall and reinstall soon. I have a lot of parts that I created for my pressure pipe library that I need to copy out before I do so. I did post a fatal error message to Tatiana. Any ideas on what is happening there? Thanks.

Sid.

Message 14 of 16
machadt

Sid,

Try to reset your user setting before doing a clean install, here is the link for this procedures just in case:

Resetting user setting:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19170578&linkID=9240697

Clean install of C3D:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20304823&linkID=9240697&CMP=OTC-RSS...

Tatiana Machado
Message 15 of 16
tcorey

@mauserp08 wrote:

...Any ideas on what is happening there? Thanks.

Sid.

Hello Sid,

It could be caused by several different things. Without sitting at your system, I wouldn't be able to tell you why it's happening.

I have done it myself many times: You're so intent on knowing why you have an error that you spend hours on it over several days. A reset of the software is often the most expedient way to get you back to work.

Tatiana is right, you should try resetting the user first. That takes seconds. If that doesn't fix it, try a repair install, that takes a minute or two. Doesn't work? Do the clean uninstall, re-install. That can take an hour, depending on your setup source and status of your realtime virus scanning.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 16 of 16
mauserp08

Tatiana,

Well I went through all the steps outlined by you and it took a clean install to get everything working. So far everything looks to be running like it should and I am able to build assemblies. Now to get my personal settings set up and I am off and running.

Tim,

You were right about spending hours and days trying to figure out a problem. To be honest when I first discovered this I spent a little time on it before I posted here. This one was way above my head. See, this old dog can learn a new trick or two.

I want to thank both of you for your help in resolving this issue. It is much appreciated and I could not have done it without your help.

Thanks.
Sid.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report