Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Workspace

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dlfredrick
527 Views, 6 Replies

Civil 3D Workspace

After making changes to a workspace, then trying to "save current as" to create a new workspace I receive a fatal error and have to close the program without the new workspace being saved.  Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
msorensen
in reply to: dlfredrick

A couple of people here are having the same issue.  Fatal error trying to save their workspace.

Melody

C3D 2014 SP2

Windows 7

Message 3 of 7
wfberry

Perhaps selecting

AUTOMATICALLY SAVE WORKSPACE CHANGES in Workspace Settings

would work for you temporarily until something changes that will allow you to save to a new name.

Bill

Message 4 of 7
Hidden_Brain

I have no issues saving workspace as another name using the command line: WORKSPACE>Saveas.

Using Civil 3D 2014 SP2
Message 5 of 7
msorensen
in reply to: msorensen

Neither proposed solution works for us.  We have several semi-customized workspaces that are meant to be used as starting points; IT has write protected them. 

Melody

Message 6 of 7

Can you define exactly what you mean by "It have write protected them" ?

Have they write protected the CUIX files that contain the workspaces?

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 7 of 7

I am having a user get the message (don't have the exact wording) that they are unable to make changes to the file, no matter which workspace she starts with when she checks the automatically save workspace changes button.  She (and others) also get a fatal error when they try to save the current workspace as so they can set it up the way they want it.

Melody

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report