Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Template

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
aaronkrueger5983
526 Views, 5 Replies

Civil 3D Template

Our company has been working off of a template created in 2009 by a third party. The template has been updated and corrected over the past five years. We have been upgrading with every new release of Civil 3D and with every release we have found little bugs that we think are coming from our master template. We are thinking now that we need to start from scratch and recreate it.

I guess I was wondering if anyone else has recreated their template and how often do they do it?

Any input on this would be much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

You should be able to do it just that any values that were added to the styles wont populate.

Checkout this blog post.

http://civil3d.wordpress.com/2014/10/15/working-with-civil-3d-templates/

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: aaronkrueger5983

Yes we have had to rebuild ours from scratch but a word of caution.

Do Not  recreate your template using the default Acad.dwt which comes with Civil 3D 2014 as there are known problems where the "Move to Site" command will delete the original Site rather than moving it to a new Site.

Begin with the _AutoCAD Civil 3D (Imperial) NCS.dwt (or metric version of) as that template doesn't have this deleted sites issue.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 6
rl_jackson
in reply to: Jay_B

"Begin with the _AutoCAD Civil 3D (Imperial) NCS.dwt (or metric version of) as that template doesn't have this deleted sites issue."

That's what the blog post says too...Smiley Very Happy

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

I'm assuming you're referring to 2015.  I have moved forward by starting with a clean drawing and using the Civil 3D tools to import styles & settings.  Then I create new styles/settings for updated/added objects.  Had worked for me so far. (Hope I didn't jinx it)

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 6 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: rl_jackson

rl_jackson wrote:

That's what the blog post says too...Smiley Very Happy

Oops, sorry didn't read the blog post, just saw the string "Acad.dwt" in it.

It's been reported Here that using the Acad.dwt as a starting point wasn't a problem in 2013 but is in the 2014 and 2015 releases.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report