Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d template

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ssakuttan
814 Views, 5 Replies

Civil 3d template

Does anyone know where I can find a good Civil 3D template for  Highway Design work  that includ Plan profile Label & band settings, Assembely, Corridor etc....

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
doni49
in reply to: ssakuttan

I would check with your DOT as a starting point.  At my previous job, we did a LOT of work for the NJDOT.  They provided seed files and cell libraries (that's what templates and block libraries are called in the MicroStation world).

Your DOT might very well have something (and in fact they may even REQUIRE that you use their stuff).

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 6
sboon

Each agency has their own standards, so unless you can get a sample file from someone who is working for the same client you're probably going to be out of luck.

The generic styles in the tutorial drawings are pretty good if you're looking for a starting point to build your own template.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 6
lambertb
in reply to: sboon

If you want some templates and Civil 3D settings, try the Wisconsin DOT or Florida DOT. They both use c3d and have standards set up.

I believe one difference, WisDOT does plan and profile on 1 sheet, FDOT does plan on a sheet followed by profile on a sheet.

C3D 2022 and 2024
Message 5 of 6
wend.lawsonM4XB9
in reply to: doni49

Good advice! ☺

Message 6 of 6
tony1978

If you need some,  my company builds Civil 3D templates. My company is creating custom engineering Civil 3D templates roughly 2-3 per month. Yes, we do DOT civil 3d templates. Message me if you are interested. Let me know what state you are looking at. 

Tony Carcamo

President/Owner

Civil CAD Learning Solutions

DFW BIM Infrastructure User Group

LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | DFWBIUG |User Group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report