Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d Temp Files

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kolk
5912 Views, 4 Replies

Civil 3d Temp Files

Do anyone happen to know, with regard to delteing temp files, if I can just do a blanket Erase, or will this potentiallly damage autocad drawings.  My temp file is on my local drive, but all of our drawings are stored on a network drive.  It seems to me I remember these things storing up over time with crashes, etc.  But as they build up performance seems to dwindle.

These files range from .tmp files to Texture folders, .cvr files, and nonsense names like A$C5DCD5F31.

Can I just window and Delete All?

Thanks in advanece for any assistance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sboon
in reply to: kolk

As long as ACad is not running you can go ahead and trash anything in there.  Windows won't let you delete any files that are in use.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 5
kolk
in reply to: sboon

Thanks!  Do you think that I could actually direct all users temp file to a single network location and weekly clean it out...might be a little more effective than leaving it up to the individual user.  Thoughts?

Message 4 of 5
mathewkol
in reply to: kolk

I could be wrong but I doubt Windows would allow its temp folder to be placed on a network resource and I don't think that's a good idea either.

By temp folder we're assuming you mean "C:\Users\users-name\AppData\Local\Temp"?

No, this just needs to be cleared from time to time on each machine.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 5
rdlongbow
in reply to: mathewkol

I made a shortcut to the temp folder, and in the shortcut a keyboard shortcut CTRL-ALT-T. Every time I close down C3D, I check the temp folder. Might be overkill, but then maybe not. I have a co-worker who had never cleared out temp. He had something like 30,000 temp files! No wonder his system slowed down to a crawl!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report