Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Table Settings (ROW HEIGHT)

99 REPLIES 99
Message 1 of 100
mooremt1
14185 Views, 99 Replies

Civil 3D Table Settings (ROW HEIGHT)

Hey Everybody I searched all these boards and found a couple posts on this but no answers. Is there a way to change the row height in Civil 3D Created Tables (What I'm working with is Parcel Line and Curve Tables). I don't see any options in the styles or table properties menus and changing it in the general autocad tablestyles menu does nothing. Thanks for the help!

Matt Moore
Racey Engineering, PLLC
C3D SP2
Tags (1)
99 REPLIES 99
Message 2 of 100
mmccall
in reply to: mooremt1

It looks like the initial cell height is derived from the text height and cell margin settings in the table style. After creating the table you can modify individual cells as you require but if you 'update' the table it will revert back to the settings of the style.
Message 3 of 100
mooremt1

Sorry it took so long to respond, I'm still not able to change the heights of the tables I am making. I changed the style in the TABLESTYLE menu then made tables and the style wasn't reflected in my settings. There are no options to change the table style in the SETTINGS tab of TOOLSPACE. Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?

Matt Moore
Racey Engineering, PLLC
Message 4 of 100
mmccall

You should be able to edit the cell margin settings in the table style and then 'update' the table.

You can also edit the cell row and column sizes with grips on the table and/or cell.

There is also a rt. click option to make all the rows or columns equal in size to the rest of the table.
Message 5 of 100
mooremt1

I can change them in the table style but there is no option to 'update' the table when it is a Civil 3D object. Also there is no grip edits on a table that is a Civil 3D object. I would assume this is just a missing feature in the Table Styles of Civil 3D. Maybe they'll fix it in 2007.

Matt
Message 6 of 100
fautodesk

I can certainly sympathize with this problem. It has been an ongoing problem since 2006 and still hasn't been fixed that I am aware of. The question being asked is directly related to Parcel Line Tables. Not generic tables where you input the information but the ones generated when you select Line/Curves or Parcels/ Add Tables. It does appear as though the texh heighth does govern the margins as you can see by the attached PDF. The margins are the same heighth as the text. It makes my line tables so obnoxiously huge where I end up exploding them just so I can make them fit on my page. Is there still no fix for this???

Message 7 of 100
gleep
in reply to: fautodesk

Hello folks,

Making the switch to Civil 2012 from Land Desktop and a) am making so much use of this board I thought I'd go ahead and join, and b) trying to maintain a positive attitude. Some days the positive attitude is difficult.

Any solutions to the Parcel Table ROW HEIGHT issue yet? I've poked around and the consensus seems to be explode the tables and modify them manually. There is just way too much space for our tastes.

Thanks in advance.

Message 8 of 100
sboon
in reply to: gleep

First - welcome to the board.

Bad news I'm afraid.  Despite regular complaints about this issue all the way back to the first version of Civil3d it still has not been addressed.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 9 of 100
gleep

Thanks, Steve.

The longer I compu-draft the more I feel the software dictating how our plans look. I mean, I'm all about standards and uniformity across company departments, but geez, do all of our plans have to look the same? I like my line tables with less space in the rows. Dammit. Maybe 2014.

Message 10 of 100
sboon

28237908.jpg

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 11 of 100
kbellson

I am just figuring this out too. So when i create my table i create it with the text size that creates the row height i want. then i copy the table and explode it twice. then i can resize the text bigger without having to move them all up and down. i only have to slide the columns over left and right.

it still sucks to have to do all of this but thats what seems to make it easier to fix.

i cant believe that this is not important enough to fix it after years of people complaining.

add it to the list of things that don't matter.....i'll stop before my rant takes the whole page, i feel the anger rising from within.

Message 12 of 100
DRW_CAD
in reply to: kbellson

Many of us have been frustrated by this & my searches have found many threads on the topic but has anyone come up with a work around other than exploding?

That is what we've been doing but there are obviously drawbacks to that solution & just wondering if anyone has disscovered something better?

Message 13 of 100
caddie99
in reply to: DRW_CAD

Since this old thread has been revived, can someone with c3d2015 installed see if the tables have this ability yet ?
Since we use tables when space is tight on the map one would think this would have been an added feature by now
Message 14 of 100
DRW_CAD
in reply to: caddie99

The dialog boxes for table properties and table styles do not appear to be any different in 2015.

But if I missed something and someone has found otherwise & I stand to be corrected, by all means, please correct me.

Message 15 of 100
tewjoe
in reply to: DRW_CAD

A search for an answer with 2015 installed has led me down the same rabbit hole. It has not been fixed yet. 

I'm going to see if there is some way to export out the information to excel so I can then bring it back in through a table link.

Autodesk - Please throw this in a fix bin for eth next release or a hot fix - much appreciated.

Message 16 of 100
tewjoe
in reply to: tewjoe

I found this:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/export-parcel-area-tables-to-excel/td-p/50540...

So if you explode the table a couple of times until it is text and lines. Then download this:

http://cadtips.cadalyst.com/tables/convert-plain-geometry-tables

Type COT  and walk through the commands and select your table

BOOM - you have a table now editable and populated with your data.

thanks 

neilyj

Message 17 of 100
tewjoe

Thanks - I found that in an earleir link i posted - I was hoping for a better answer that it had all been updated and njo longer needed to be doen taht way. I ended up using that method - It is not optimal as it is not dynamic.

Message 18 of 100
pcchenard

It amazes me that Autodesk has not added the ability to set the row heights and column widths in the table style configuration settings.  Their cell paddings are absolutely ridiculous.  All the other crap they keep changing from release to release and they can't seem to fix stuff like this.  sigh....

Message 19 of 100
Jeff_M
in reply to: pcchenard

Please go VOTE for THIS IdeaStation submittal. Hopefully we can get the design team to take notice.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 20 of 100
pcchenard
in reply to: Jeff_M

@Jeff_M wrote:

Please go VOTE for THIS IdeaStation submittal. Hopefully we can get the design team to take notice.

Do you just give Kudos to vote?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report