Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Survey Database link with imported file (like Excel)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
vossmachine
342 Views, 1 Reply

Civil 3D Survey Database link with imported file (like Excel)

I am looking into using the Survey Database for the first time and noticed it linked back to the imported file from which the points came.  However, my question is when the points are adjusted within the AutoCAD Civil 3D file is there a way for this adjustment to link back into the imported point file. Does anyone know an answer.  I am trying not to have a situation where the data is different between the imported file and the autocad file.

I hope someone can shed some light if they understand what I am talking about.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Sinc
in reply to: vossmachine

What format is your source file in...?

You should be able to write out a new file, using your selected format.  But no, there's no automatic way of having edits in C3D be reflected in your source data.  You pretty much need to write out a new file in your desired format, which may give you pretty much the same results (depending on how your source data is formatted).

I view this as something of a pointless exercise, though, as my personal opinion is that once you have everything in your DWG and have it edited correctly, there's no real point is using your source data anymore.  And it's often seems to work best to keep your source data in a raw format, for historical reasons, just in case you need to go back and review the raw data.  (Although again, this depends on the data format you're using, as well as your process...  There may not be a single answer to this question.  Too many details, any one of which can change the final answer.)

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report