AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
channa26
Message 11 of 18 (537 Views)

Re: Civil 3D Service Pack 2.1 HEADS UP!!!!

09-21-2012 08:55 AM in reply to: rrl642

Our office is also having problems with service pack 2.1. I have it installed on my computer and it does fix the problem with pipe styles changing when synchronized but now I can not control ltscale of featureline styles or parcel styles. Also if I check for the version installed on my computer it shows as sp2.1 but on other computers that have since installed the same service pack shows as sp2. Not sure how this is even possible? We have even downloaded the service pack file a second time and it still shows as sp2 installed. The bigger problem is it behaves like version sp2, pipe styles reset on synchronization.

We need to be able to trust that these service packs are going to fix problems not cause a whole new list of problems. I don"t think that is too much to ask for a very expensive piece of software. Now we have lost productivity yet again and are left scrambling to find another solution.  

*Expert Elite*
neilyj
Message 12 of 18 (534 Views)

09-21-2012 09:00 AM in reply to: channa26

...and the fact that they can't be uninstalled is even more annoying when things go wrong

neilyj
(No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

IDSP Premium 2015 (mainly Civil 3D 2015 UKIE & Infraworks with some limited 3ds Max Design)
Win 7 Pro x64, 500Gb SSD, 1Tb HDD
32Gb Ram Intel Xeon CPU E5-2650 v2 @ 2.6GHz (32 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K4000, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell T5610
Product Support
SethHall
Message 13 of 18 (470 Views)

09-24-2012 01:09 PM in reply to: katayatz

katayatz wrote:

We have also had major errors since installing this Pack including fatal errors, locking up, changed colors of alignments, etc. It is very frustrating and repairing the Pack has not worked.  So here we sit with our hands up, hmm... reinstall Autocad or wait and see if they come out with a fix... either way we just lost a lot of time... Thanks for keeping us proficient! :catmad:

Spoiler

Can you please post detailed steps to reproduce this issue, specifically the "changed colors of alignments"?

Seth Hall
Product Support
GCSO - CSS - FTS
Autodesk, Inc.

Being Civil
Being Civil Twitter
Being Civil Facebook

Product Support
SethHall
Message 14 of 18 (467 Views)

09-24-2012 01:11 PM in reply to: channa26

channa26 wrote:

now I can not control ltscale of featureline styles or parcel styles.

Can you please post detailed steps to reproduce this issue?

Seth Hall
Product Support
GCSO - CSS - FTS
Autodesk, Inc.

Being Civil
Being Civil Twitter
Being Civil Facebook

Contributor
channa26
Message 15 of 18 (446 Views)

09-24-2012 02:40 PM in reply to: channa26

I have a drawing with the baseplan and servicing information attached as xreferences. I then created the parcels for the storm drainage areas. With the drawing ltscale set to 1 or something reasonable for the xref linetypes to display correctly the linetype in my parcel style is too small to display nicely. So if I go into the parcel style I normally can adjust the ltscale of the parcel segment there. It does not matter if I set it to 0.1, 1, 10 or even 100 the linetype scale  of the parcel segment (dashed linetype style) does not change. Same thing happens if I try to change the linetype scale of a feature line style.

Others in our office with the same service pack installed now have the previous problem of data referenced pipe/ structure styles reverting back to the partlist default style. So if they shortcut a pipe network into a drawing and change the styles to represent a future or existing style when they open the drawing the next time or sync the shortcut the styles all go back to the partlist default style. Not very handy when we have one network for an overall subdivision that we need to show in various stages/phases of construction.

C.Hanna

Civil 3D 2012 sp2.1

*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 16 of 18 (445 Views)

09-24-2012 02:44 PM in reply to: channa26

Do you have any users who don't have the SP installed yet, or perhaps you could reinstall C3d on one machine without the SP?  The reason I'm asking is that I would love to see what happens to your drawings when they are opened on a system without the SP.

Contributor
channa26
Message 17 of 18 (437 Views)

09-24-2012 02:58 PM in reply to: sboon

Yes I have tried the same drawing on a system that has only service pack 1 installed and the ltscale issue is not a problem. We had installed service pack 2.1 to help with a handful of issues as listed in the service pack readme file but now have new problems instead. Also my computer does not have the problem with the pipe network parts updating upon synchronization. It is other systems in the office that have to same service pack installed but it shows as service pack 2 in version info while mine shows service pack 2.1. Mine was installed first, tested for a couple days then launched to others thinking all was fine.

Right now we are looking at moving on to 2013 rather than beating the 2012 buggy horse! Just means more work for deploying a new version office wide (30+ users) and then working out the latest bugs I am sure we have inherited from Autodesk yet again. Not what you want to be dealing with when project managers are anxiously awaiting final drawings for tight deadlines. Can we trust the service pack and hot fixes on the website for 2013 are reliable? I have already found topics of the hot fixes being pulled down from the site and re-posted.  

*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 18 of 18 (432 Views)

09-24-2012 03:02 PM in reply to: channa26

Right now we are looking at moving on to 2013 rather than beating the 2012 buggy horse! Just means more work for deploying a new version office wide (30+ users) and then working out the latest bugs I am sure we have inherited from Autodesk yet again. Not what you want to be dealing with when project managers are anxiously awaiting final drawings for tight deadlines. Can we trust the service pack and hot fixes on the website for 2013 are reliable? I have already found topics of the hot fixes being pulled down from the site and re-posted.  

Use caution.  The bugs that I found after installing the SP were already present in 2013 when I was testing earlier this year.  See my previous posts on this topic.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.