Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Road Junction

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rjjohnstone
856 Views, 2 Replies

Civil 3D Road Junction

Hello, I am very new to C3D after using inroads. I have just tried to create my 1st junction and the kerb returns seem to reverse the assembly so that verge is inside the junction. I have started a new drawing and created a new alignment intersection, when I apply the junction command same thing, approach roads fine radius appearing to reverse the assembly template into the junction. Thank you in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: rjjohnstone

InRoads (Im guessing) uses strings to defign the vertical alignments & generate surfaces.The same can be achieved by just creating assemblies with named points & generic links added then assign these to each baseline. In the corridor surfaces tab yopu then just use the featurelines as the definition but this is more difficult than it needs to be.

With Civil3d these strings are created by the subassembly but the logic is different so you need to work "Inside out" in some areas.

In the case of a junction I normally create an assembly wth ConditionalHorizontal subassemblies added to either side with the pavement added. These will be used as new baselines & regions controlled from the junction kerb return alignments targeting the side road channel line & proposed Centreline. This means that you need either alignments with profiles for the centreline & both kerb returns or 3dpolylines or Featurelines.

You therefore need to build the subassembly from the Channel line outwards, so you could then have on the left side of the conditional subassembly a kerb & footway with Daylight and on the right the road subassembly. For this reason I reconmend using the Generic Pavement as you have the ability to change the codes accordingly (as you want the channel code on the inside and the crown on the outside of the generic pavement)

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 3
Aistis88
in reply to: rjjohnstone

I guess yours secondary alignment  is connecting badly with main alignment. Try it to   join  with Perpendicular

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report