Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D release dates

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
davis.kalnins
8534 Views, 7 Replies

Civil 3D release dates

Hello!

I'm doing a research about Civil 3D and Land Desktop evolution history. I ahev made up a little story how it all has come to nowadays, but i can not find exact release dates of these products. i thought maybe someone here has these dates or maybe someone knows where to look for these dates? i ve been seraching everywhere, but i really cannot find this info. can anyone help me?

thanks in advance,

Davis

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
SethHall
in reply to: davis.kalnins

Hi Davis-

Although I am not sure on exact dates, a quick search on our blog revealed this for 2011:

http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/04/its-official-civil-3d-2011-released-today.html

and this for 2010:

http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/04/subscription-download-of-civil-3d-2010-.html

Hope this helps!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 8
ACADuser

Release dates tend to vary based on your geographical location.  After doing a quick search, "spring" sounds like a good description of the release date (with the year appended).

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Land-Desktop/Land-Desktop-2007/m-p/1508665/highlight/true#M423...

Good Luck

ACADuser
Civil 3D 2018, Raster Design 2018
Windows 7 Enterprise
Dell Precision 5810 Workstation
Intel Xeon E5-1630 v3 @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4 GB GDDR5
DUAL 27" Dell UltraSharp U2713HM
Message 4 of 8
Bill_Myron

I have just stumbled upon this timeline from Between The Lines Blog. Hope it helps!

http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/autocad-release-history.html

Message 5 of 8
AllenJessup

Did you start with David C. Arnold?

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8

thank you all for your help! i think that really every spirng, something like the end of march or beginning of september, they have made the new version. thank you!

Message 7 of 8
AllenJessup

For later Land Desktop releases and Civil 3D that is true. If you go back to early LDT releases to Softdesk and then D.C.A. You could have a couple of releases a year or nearly three years in between. Major releases were always tied to AutoCAD releases before AutoDesk bought the software.

So Release 9 was September 1987, Release 10 was October 1988 and Release 11 was October 1990. So that gives you a year or two in the fall. Release 12 was June 1992, Release 13 was November 1994 and Release 14 was February 1997. So now it's stretching to over 2 years and in the summer, fall or winter.

The current yearly cycle came about when they started selling Subscriptions (formerly VIP Program) and customers began complaining that they were paying a yearly fee and sometimes not getting any new release for 2 plus years.

DCA was renamed Softdesk in around 1992. AutoDesk bought Softdesk for $72 million in 1996 and after one release renamed it Land desktop.

I'm just old enough to remember when all this happened. Had to look up the dates.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
davis.kalnins
in reply to: AllenJessup

thank you very much! this is very good info, can't find it so easy in web 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report