Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d points

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
vngrupe
224 Views, 4 Replies

Civil 3d points

Hello, could anybody say, that I do wrong:

1. open civil 3d 2014
2. open topography.dwg

3. surface > create surface > TIN surface

4. surface1 > definition > drawing objects > add > object type: blocks, and I select all blocks of pickets

then I try create annotate of points table I see no information about points,

also I try create profile, but Z coordinate is 0 (zero) of all surface.

So could anybody say, that I do wrong, or how create 3d surface, if I have bare topography (inserted topography.dwg).

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jporter
in reply to: vngrupe

Are you trying to make a surface out of these blocks?

block-01.jpg

If so, you hve two issues:

1. those blocks have an elevation of zero.  

2. those are not points and that's why you don't see any point information (or elevation information) in your surface.

block-02.jpg

Can you get a point list (TXT or CSV) file from whoever it is that gave you the file?  That would be the easiest fix.  

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com
Message 3 of 5
vngrupe
in reply to: jporter

I exported these blocks to notepad like PENZD, and then create new surface from that notepad's information (like attrachment file).

If there are easer way to create surface with this topography, I'll do with import/export to notepad

Message 4 of 5
jporter
in reply to: vngrupe

Well, since there are no point numbers native to the block it appears to have exported the data out to an ENZ space delimited file:

block-03.jpg

Import that point file into your drawing, create a point group out of them, create a surface and add the point group to your surface.  I would say your contours will appear but this drawing you sent has no styles in it whatsoever.  Use the Import Sytles under the Manage tab to import styles into this drawing from a Civil 3D DWT file or another Civil 3D drawing that has styles in it.  

Regardless, when I imported just your points into a drawing with the standard Civil 3D NCS template I saw the points and created a surface:

block-04.jpg

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com
Message 5 of 5
vngrupe
in reply to: jporter

thanks for information ;]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report