Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Plan Production Error

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
730 Views, 8 Replies

Civil 3D Plan Production Error

Hi all,

I am currently working on Civil 3D 2010 to design a highway. I would like to use the plan production with my drawing template (.dwt) containing the plan and profile viewport to produce mulitple drawings. Creating View Frames seems to work fine, however it is not creating the sheets to the desired format, ie style, data, viewport scale.

The Problem/s

1. Create Sheets - Profile View window, Other Profile View Options. AutoCAD does not seem to pull off the other settings from my existing profile view!! Why? I know it does not because when I check the Profile View settings via the Viewport in my template, ie properties, styles and data bands they do not match.
  2. If I use the Choose seetings:> Profile View Wizard, it lets me choose my style, data band settings etc, but does not allow me to modify the Profile View Height, which I would like to "User Specify" in conjunction with the checked split profile view. This greyed out "User Specified" field seems to change depending on the scale of my Viewport, meaning the height of my profile is too big for the Viewport, regardless of the scale in the Viewport. How do I solve this?
  3. When Create Sheet is produced and the profile is displayed in the viewport, the height is too big for the window (as stated previously), but also the data bands label are off to the left of the viewport, with plenty of space to the right hand side of the viewport. I would ideally like to offset x axis to accomodate the data bands label, or fix a point on the profile view with a point on the Viewport. Is this possible?

Hope this is understandable being my first post and all.

Thanks

James

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Forums!

Do you have custom drawing templates set up all necessary styles etc. styles which are all supposed to work

together and have worked on other projects in your organization?

First we need to try to understand why things aren't matching up.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

Hi Jay,

The drawing template I created was customised from the the Civil 3D (Metric) Plan and Profile.dwt which is a standard document. All I did to "customise" this was to move the title block along the bottom and change the size and shape of the viewports.

I have never used these on other drawings or project, and as a company do not have any standardised drawing template.

The viewport in the drawing template should only display the style settings which I have defined in the Model.

Any other information please let me know.

Thanks

James

Message 4 of 9
Jeff_M

For the profile issue of being too big, create a ProfileView which includes a Band style for 'white space'.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi Jeff,

Yes, that seems to be a nice work around for the vertical height, but does not solve the problem on the horizontal scale/size. I have tried placing a larger blank "white space" on either side with no success. It seems that the centre (x axis) of the profile view grid seems fixed to the centre (x axis) of the viewport. Is there a way to either offset that or to maybe extend the profile view grid over the data bands?

Thanks

James

Message 6 of 9
Jay_B

JMWILSON87 wrote:

properties, styles and data bands they do not match.

Adding your border is just a start and the work has just begun.

First use the Import Styles tool to Import your Styles from your base drawing (it's sounding like those are

what you want the profile views to look like) into the Plan Production dwt.

Manage Tab of Ribbon>Import Styles & just import all styles into that Plan Production dwt.

Then go to Settings Tab of Toolspace and review & specify the Feature Settings and Command Settings

under the "View Frame Group" category. This is where you can specify things like the Profile View Style,

band styles etc. for the Sheets created. This is normally done in templates so it's available every

time a new dwg is created from the dwt.

This is where it starts to get deep and if your very new to Civil 3d or haven't done much of this it can be very confusing.

The Plan Production Viewport scale should also match the scale of the base drawing where your view frames.

have been created.

As you work through it ask more questions here.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

Hi Jay,

Would like to try this out, but I believe 2010 does not have the import styles feature under the Manage Ribbon. I have checked in the CUI for this to add to the ribbon but no luck.

Thanks

James

Message 8 of 9
Jeff_M

@Anonymous wrote:

Would like to try this out, but I believe 2010 does not have the import styles feature under the Manage Ribbon. 

No, C3D2010 does not....but the SincpacC3D for C3D2010 DOES have an ImportCivilStyles command.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 9 of 9
Jay_B

Oops sorry about that one, the command wasn't introduced until 2011.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report