Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D object enablers

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dwg-files
949 Views, 4 Replies

Civil 3D object enablers

Are the object enablers intended to benefit only Autodesk product users, or other cad platform users as well?

When using MicroStation V8i environment I need to see the Civil 3D generated items, not just place markers.

Can I load object enablers on my system then use the MicroStation V8i environment to view Civil 3D objects residing in dwg files?  I have no other Autodesk products on this system.

Are these enablers meant to be used for that purpose?

For instance, to properly see a Word document I may need to have the originally used fonts available on my system.  Are the enablers acting in this fashion for every cad user, or do they only enable other Autodesk products to have a slightly extended capability?

Hope that's clear enough.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

See if this answers your question: http://communities.bentley.com/products/microstation/w/microstation__wiki/8809.microstation-and-auto...

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 3 of 5
AllenJessup
in reply to: dwg-files

As pointed out. You should use the enablers provided by Bently not Autodesk. I haven't used MS in years but I believe that the two companies have worked out methods for data exchange. It's much easier for me to work with a DGN than it was 10 years ago.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
dwg-files
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thanks for the reply.

Message 5 of 5

Michael, this is helpful. Thanks so much for the added input.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report