Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D not recognizing command: exporttoautocad

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jebristo
601 Views, 6 Replies

Civil 3D not recognizing command: exporttoautocad

When I type exporttoautocad the command appears as an option because I have autocomplete turned on. When I select it or when I type it in completely, Autocad Civil 3D responds with "unkown command"

Please help. What is wrong?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
troma
in reply to: jebristo

Does it work from the menu button or the old-fashioned "File" menu?  Can you find it in there?

I remember hearing somewhere that it wasn't included by default on some.  You might have to download an add-on or an SP.

What version are you running?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 7
ccookusi

try -exporttoautocad

Windows 10 Pro x64
Civil 3D 2018
Dell Precision 7720
i7 7700HQ
NVIDIA Quadro P3000
NVMe Samsung SSD 960 Boot
16 GB Ram
Message 4 of 7
jebristo
in reply to: troma

I cannot find it under the file menu. Export has various options in the file menu. I did export as an AutoCAD 2013 Dwg but when opened in that program, all we see is a box.

I had googled how to export from the civil 3D to AutoCAD and everyone said to type the command.

My version is the 2013 version G.55.0.1

Message 5 of 7
jebristo
in reply to: troma

I don't know what the issue really was but this morning I saved the file under a new name and then suddenly I had more choices for exporting and it worked.

Message 6 of 7
troma

Interesting.  Do you know where this file came from?  What program created it?  Was it an older version or an "...as ACAD" version?

If you start a new drawing from template, do you have the option to ExportToAutoCad?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 7 of 7
johngordon6189

try typing _AecExportToAutoCad

You have to use the command to export a Civil3D drawing to regular autocad so it converts the Civil3D objects to viewable objects in regular autocad.

John Gordon
CAD Manager/Survey Technician

C3D 2018/2020
Microstation
Windows 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report