Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D not reading pressure pipe catalog

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
mauserp08
3855 Views, 11 Replies

Civil 3D not reading pressure pipe catalog

I just recently had to do a clean install on Civil 3D 2013 to fix a different problem but now I am having issues with the pressure pipe catalogs. I used to be able to open and use all three that are available, push on, mechanical, and flanged. I made sure that my support paths are mapped to the correct folders but now when I open my design file I find that the mechanical and flanged catalogs are greyed out. When I try to edit the part catalog I get a warning message saying that the catalog is not available. See the attachment. I know the catalogs are there as I have created parts and added them to these catalogs. It almost looks like it is mapping to the metric folder which only has the push on catalog. Any ideas or suggestions for me. Thanks in advance for your help.

Sid.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
SethHall
in reply to: mauserp08

You mention "support paths", but not SETPRESSURENETWORKCATALOG. Can you confirm that SETPRESSURENETWORKCATALOG is pointing in the correct place?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 12
mauserp08

The pressure network catalog path is set to:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Pressure Pipes Catalog\Imperial\

Message 4 of 12
SethHall

When you did a clean install did you backup your catalog? You mentioned that you made custom parts and added them to the catalog. 

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 5 of 12
mauserp08
in reply to: SethHall

I did the clean install Friday morning. So far other than minor personal settings, customizations, and the message about the PP Library everything is working well.

I did create a lot parts for the push on and flanged catalogs for the pressure parts library. Before I did the clean install I copied out the sqlite files as well as everything in the Imperial folders so I would not have to spend a lot of time recreating everything. All the CONTENT files I created as well as documentation for my parts were kept in a seperate location.

Message 6 of 12
SethHall

Interesting. Thank you for confirming that for me. Maybe try "run as administrator? and see if that helps?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 7 of 12
joeboise

Similar problem for me.  Fresh install.  I set pressure pipe catalog to flanged but none of the parts are available in drawing.

Message 8 of 12
jfalkowski
in reply to: joeboise

Same here, cannot find current catalog.  My path is similar to above and it shows the flanged, mechanical and push but still get the "current catalog was not found" error message...

Was this ever resolved?  I have not installed SP1 yet.

Jon

IDSP '15 SP3 / '16 SP2
Dell Mobile Precision 7720 - Core i7-7820HQ / Win 10 / 32GB Ram / SSD / Quadro M1200

Message 9 of 12

I also have the same issue.

When I try to set the Pressure Network Catalog I get the same error message:

Pressure Network - No Catalog Found  "There are no Pressure Network Catalogs in this folder"

The sql files do exist - I checked!!

Message 10 of 12
mauserp08
in reply to: gregscolyer4692

It has been a while since I was able to get this taken care of and I don't recall what I did to resolve the issue. I believed it was similar to what is discussed in this thread about copying the files. There are a couple of options they used to correct this so check it out the solution there. They did a repair on the program. By the way the link is for Civil 3D 2014 but should still work on C3D 2013.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Pressure-Pipe-Catalog-not-recognized/td-p/460...

My SQL catalog is located at: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Pressure Pipes Catalog.

Sid.

Message 11 of 12
Kristow4
in reply to: gregscolyer4692

I was looking through the registry and saw that there was a key/folder "AeccUiNetwork100" (for Civil 3D 2014) in this location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\ACAD-D000:409\Profiles\<<C3D_Imperial>>\Preferences

This folder points to the gravity pipe catalogs.

In another profile, "<<Unnamed Profile>>\Preferences", there was a key/folder named "AeccPressurePipes100" containing (4) registry keys with paths to the pressure pipe catalogs.

Here is how I fixed this issue for myself. I created a new folder/Key in the registry, named "AeccPressurePipes100", in this location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\ACAD-D000:409\Profiles\<<C3D_Imperial>>\Preferences

Then in Civil 3D 2014, I set the pressure pipe catalogs to each one and found thath the registry Keys were created in this folder.

Now I am able to create part lists with no error or problem. Hope this helps someone with reinstall.

Message 12 of 12
trafrank.25

I was having this same problem this morning and fixed it. I hope this will help you fix your problem. In  Toolspace Settings Tab>Pressure Network>Parts List Edit your Parts list. On the Summary tab>Statistics you should see "Catalog Path" whatever that link says set your pressure catalog to that. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report