Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D next Year?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
435 Views, 7 Replies

Civil 3D next Year?

I spoke to a dealer and was told that we should not expect to see Civil 3D ready for release until 2005.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I think your reseller is blowing smoke from his/her nether regions. -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 LDT2004+C3D
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I guess it depends on what you need to use it for. -- Jon Rizzo Langan Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. "Neil Wilson" wrote in message news:400582bb_1@statler... > I spoke to a dealer and was told that we should not expect to see Civil 3D > ready for release until 2005. > >
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Why does it matter what I want to use it for? "Jon Rizzo" wrote in message news:4006951d_2@statler... > I guess it depends on what you need to use it for. > > -- > Jon Rizzo > Langan Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. > > > "Neil Wilson" wrote in message > news:400582bb_1@statler... > > I spoke to a dealer and was told that we should not expect to see Civil 3D > > ready for release until 2005. > > > > > >
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Because there are certain things it can do right now, and certain things you should not expect to see for quite some time... -- Jon Rizzo Langan Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. "Neil Wilson" wrote in message news:40069fe2$1_3@statler... > Why does it matter what I want to use it for? > > "Jon Rizzo" wrote in message > news:4006951d_2@statler... > > I guess it depends on what you need to use it for. > > > > -- > > Jon Rizzo > > Langan Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. > > > > > > "Neil Wilson" wrote in message > > news:400582bb_1@statler... > > > I spoke to a dealer and was told that we should not expect to see Civil > 3D > > > ready for release until 2005. > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I agree with Neil. I expect to see it all right now. We have waited far too long already for Autodesk to develop this software. 2005 is out of the question. Doug Boys Cardno MBK Brisbane Australia Jon Rizzo wrote: > Because there are certain things it can do right now, and certain things you > should not expect to see for quite some time...
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I agree. However the reality is that it is all not available right now. So, as I said, it depends on what you need it for. Using LDT in conjunction with Civil 3D is an okay short term solution for the power user, but if you need roadway design and pipes, then Civil 3D is not there yet. -- Jon Rizzo Langan Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. "Doug Boys" wrote in message news:401F1DDF.20D66814@cardno.com.au... > I agree with Neil. I expect to see it all right now. We have waited far too long > already for Autodesk to develop this software. 2005 is out of the question. > > Doug Boys Cardno MBK Brisbane Australia > > Jon Rizzo wrote: > > > Because there are certain things it can do right now, and certain things you > > should not expect to see for quite some time... >
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Then you should find another product to use in your work. Good luck to you. -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 LDT2004+C3D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report