Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Locking up on entity selection

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
davpla69
235 Views, 1 Reply

Civil 3D Locking up on entity selection

I am running C3D 2015 on a 64-bit Windows 7 machine with an i7 processor and 8 gb of RAM. I recently changed from an uncertified Nvidia graphics card to a certified AMD FirePro V4900 graphics card. I was having issues with lockups when I selected entities or when selection preview was active. C3D would also take a long, thoughful break whenever text was selected for editting. I thought that a change to the graphics card would be helpful. I was wrong. C3D will lock up at any moment and memory use will spike and keep climbing. I am using shp files and aerial photos for maps. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks-

Dave

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
doni49
in reply to: davpla69

8 GB is the recommended amount of ram for C3D 2015.  But it never hurts to have more.  And if you're using Aerial images and SHP files on a regular basis, I'd consider adding more ram -- find out how much your PC can handle and max it out.  Those features eat up resources more than other types of work that would be done in C3D.

I don't know what to say about the processor.  I'm not sure off hand if it's a step up or down from the autodesk recomendation.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report