Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D legal description report and Internet explorer 11

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
stacy.dunn
1139 Views, 6 Replies

Civil 3D legal description report and Internet explorer 11

Has anyone had any luck with getting the report tools to work with internet explorer 11?  We have been able to use IE10 in compatibility mode, but 11 has changed that.

Since IE11 does not support VBscript, would it be a not-so-simple fix of replacing all of the VBS in the report files with JavaScript?

Stacy

Stacy Dunn
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tcorey
in reply to: stacy.dunn

IE 11 displays reports fine for me. That's using C3D 2015. What version are you on?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 7
stacy.dunn
in reply to: tcorey

I am specifically using the General Legal Description report from both 2013 and 2015.  The report runs, but once it is displayed in the browser, the typical functionality does not work and the legal is not displayed correctly.

error.PNG

Stacy Dunn
Message 4 of 7
tcorey

I am getting the same results you are with that report. The same happens with Google Chrome.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 7
stacy.dunn
in reply to: tcorey

I found a work around for IE 11.  If you change your compatiability view settings to include intranet pages.  You can place the reports HTM file on a network drive.  The reports containing the VB script will now function correctly.

Still no luck with other browsers.

Stacy Dunn
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Legal descriptions works good in Landxml reporting, still trying to figure out how to get both square feet and acres, plus - something I did blew out the curves in the alignments (commencing line) in the legal descriptions, after I fixed the curves in the body, after the POB

Message 7 of 7
jporter
in reply to: Anonymous

In my research for the answer I came across this handy video by Jerry Bartels:  

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/learn-explore/caas/video/youtube/watch-v-Glo...  

This should address the issue.

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report