Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d Labels orient to world ucs when dwg is opened in standard Autocad.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mstanek
673 Views, 5 Replies

Civil 3d Labels orient to world ucs when dwg is opened in standard Autocad.

I have a storm drainage drawing that has all the parts, pipes, and their labels in model space (as a data reference) and everything shows up fine in Civil 3D 2010.  But my drafter opened the drawing in regular 2010 auotcad with object enablers loaded and the labels were rotated to the world corordinate system and not the plan view.  Is there a setting in the styles that controls this?  Has anyone else had this problem?

Mike

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
antoniovinci
in reply to: mstanek

Didn't get there, sir: would you please attach a couple of screenshots..?

Message 3 of 6
mstanek

This screenshot is the drawing in regular Autocad 2010.  Notice the orientation of a few of the structure labels...  I appreciate any help.

Mike

Message 4 of 6
mstanek

Here is a screen shot of the same drawing opened in Civil 3D 2010...

Message 5 of 6
wfberry

In Civil 3D 2010 try the "Export to Autocad".  I think that was available in 2010.

Bill

Message 6 of 6
Neilw_05

I've had this problem with 2012 and 2013 as well. I haven't found a solution. I think it is just one of those deficiencies we have to live with along with several other problems with exported files. Basically I find the export tools to be highly inadequate for creating printable finished documents due to the amount of cleanup work required. 

There is a FIDELITY setting that you can play around with but it hasn't solved the problem for me.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report