Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D - Labels (Dynamic Scaling) Off/False

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
RCBmstg007
826 Views, 4 Replies

Civil 3D - Labels (Dynamic Scaling) Off/False

I am trying to place a Block on a Line so that I can drag it to different spots quickly, However when I change my Annotation scale; the block scales with it. How can I turn that piece off? (I understand with the text side of things). Or is there something else I need to use to get this to work?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: RCBmstg007

If the block you are using is a Point Style, then you can turn off the scaling in the Point Style, Marker tab.  Set the size to absolute units opposed to Drawing Scale...

4-4-2012 8-46-10 AM.png

If it is just a block, make sure it is not created with Annotative behavior...

4-4-2012 8-46-10 AM.png

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 5
troma
in reply to: RCBmstg007

Your title makes me think that maybe it is not a block, but a C3D label.  If so, you can do it with a little work.

Make an expression in the label style family.  It should look something like this:

0.6/{Drawing Scale Conversion}

where the 0.6 represents the size of the block (in metres or feet).

Give the expression a good name, and then set the size of the block to use the expression in the label style composer,

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 5
dgordon
in reply to: troma

troma,

I tried your solution using a line label with a block inside it and it works like a charm.   Brilliant expression.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 5 of 5
troma
in reply to: dgordon

Thanks Dan.

When I saw {Drawing Scale Conversion} originally I didn't know if I had to multiply or divide by or divide into, but a little testing figured it out.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report