Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D drawing has disassociated the surface and alignment data references

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
shrope
458 Views, 1 Reply

Civil 3D drawing has disassociated the surface and alignment data references

Hi all,

I am working on roadway project where I am using Pipe Networks to layout the drainage infrastructure.  I have set my working dwg up so that I am data referencing the existing surface and proposed alignment.  I have set my pipe network up so that it is also referencing this surface and alignment.  Everything was working fine.  Labels were pulling the correct information from my surface elevations, and stations were being referenced as well, until I got a message that recommended that I recover my drawing.  I ran recover and my surface and alignment data shortcut disappeared. My pipe network now shows questions marks where there were once stationing and it appears that the surface and alignment have completely disassociated themselves from my drawing, however they appear in the prospector, but cannot be refreshed.  Again the data shortcut symbol is no longer next to my surface and alignment, but there is a symbol telling me that those objects are being referenced by another object in my drawing (my pipe network).   I have tried refreshing, resetting the working folder, all to no avail.  Can anyone recommend a way of fixing this connection? 

I appreciate any insight on this situation.

Thanks,

Nick

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mathewkol
in reply to: shrope

So the surface and alignments are still being referenced by the pipe networks, but they are not DREFs any longer?  This must have been caused by some corrution wich was apparently "fixed" by the RECOVER command.  Now that your drawing has been saved in this manner, I don't see any way of going back to the way it worked before besides removing the surface and alignments and re-referencing them and then reassigning to the pipies and structures.  Unfortunate, yes, but things happen when the RECOVER command is used that cannot be anticipated.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report