Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d Data Shortcuts Question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wrdesign
364 Views, 3 Replies

Civil 3d Data Shortcuts Question

Whenever I set a data short working folder for a specific project and then I go to a different project.  The same data shortcut for the prior project stays set.  This even happens for a blank dwg file.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: wrdesign

So what happens, if you from the same computer, using same profile in options, set the working folder for Project A.

Then move on to Project B and do the same, then go back to Work on Project A?

If Data Shortcuts are properly set up then C3D should be able to set the appropriate Data Shortcut Working Folder most of the time.

I rarely have to set my working folder more than once per project but there are some caveats depending on workflow,

folder setup etc. Stetting the working folder one initial time per project is required.

Are all of your C3D source drawings for a given project located in the same folder?

What version of Civil 3D are you using?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4

I'm a programmer, not a regular user so I may be wrong, but if memory serves me correct; if you associate your drawing to a project, it will automatically change your DS settings whenever you change drawings.

Once you open a file and have the DS settings correct you right click on the "Data Shortcuts" item in the Prospector and select "Associate Project to Drawing"

You can set the assocation for all the files in a project by doing the same steps above but selecting "Associate Project to Multiple Drawings"

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 4 of 4
tomshumpert
in reply to: wrdesign

If you have Data shortcut folders in your individual projects you will have to change it each time.

I

Tommy Shumpert -
Civil3DiT | Twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report