Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Data not Plotting in a Batch

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Avera737
429 Views, 8 Replies

Civil 3D Data not Plotting in a Batch

I have two sheet files (files which reference other drawings/data and contain multiple layouts) which do not plot correctly in a batch.  Upon opening the files all profile surfaces (existing and proposed) do not display.  I run SYNCHRONIZEREFERENCES to make the profiles show up.  I would love a solution to that, but that's a different topic.  So now the profiles show up, in all tabs and even in a plot preview.  However if I try to run the Publish command and print all tabs to either .pdf, .dwf, or the plotter the profiles do not show up.  I must go to each and every tab and plot the sheets individually.  Any insight would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jay_B
in reply to: Avera737

Are there any pipe network source drawings attached as xrefs to these dwgs?

What version and Service Pack is being used?
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 9
Avera737
in reply to: Jay_B

Civil 3D 2013 SP2

Windows 7 x64

Intel Core i5-3470 (Quad-Core 3.20 GHz)

8GB RAM

Message 4 of 9
Avera737

Yes, two pipe networks are drefed into each of the two sheet files.  I want to display the networks and label them in the sheet files.

Message 5 of 9
Jay_B

I see, are also source (base) drawings containing these pipe networks attached and loaded as xrefs in addition to the data references?
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 6 of 9
Avera737

Spot on Jay.  Thats exactly how it's setup.

Where did I go wrong?

I suppose I could work around it by copying and exploding the profiles, so much for being dynamic.

Message 7 of 9
Jay_B

You didn't but theres a bug bugging you here.

See this post.
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Anyone-have-some-drafting-supplies/m-p/387559...
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 8 of 9
Avera737

Jay,

So in your experience the solution is more of a workflow adjustment than anything I can do at this point.  In the future make sure each drawing with Civil 3D data is separate from drawings which contain traditional linework.  That way I can avoid drefing data from a drawing which is also xrefed.

Would you say that's more or less correct?

Message 9 of 9
Jay_B

The key to what you're trying to accomplish and have the profiles sync properly is:
1. Not attach the source dwg containing the PN as an Xref.
2. If it's attached as an Xref make sure it's unloaded.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report