Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Civil 3d crashing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
willpyle7693
261 Views, 2 Replies

Civil 3d crashing

I am having a lot of problems with civil 3d crashing. The error message that i am getting says that "undo" has been disabled and something about memory being full. The file has a somewhat large surface approx. 5 miles long and topographical survey. i have attached the file for a reference

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
wang890
in reply to: willpyle7693

5 mile is really nothing. i just did a road that's over 300km. had to divide 5 segments and all lidar survey. over 1 billion points each and i had to cut it down to 5m points spacing.

try audit or just export the surface to xml and reimport. if you want to keep all objects like points then don't do that.

civil 3d is something the more you use the less it crash. later you learn things to avoid.

don't imports points into the drawing keep the point file reference.

try audit the drawing. or if not too hard start over again. it doesn't take long to process a survey. but something you want to do right so don't screw other people up.

Stantec
Dell Precision 5530, Prism M320PU, C3D 14/17/19
Message 3 of 3
willpyle7693
in reply to: wang890

the file size is quite large 25mb even after deleting the points it is still running slow. Were you able to look at the file that i attached or did it not come through?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Ā 

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Ā