Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D crashes when I try to set CANNOSCALE by various methods...

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
bobpage
2057 Views, 25 Replies

Civil 3D crashes when I try to set CANNOSCALE by various methods...

Not all drawings present this difficulty, but the ones that do must be passed to another person to set the annotation scale.  I am using Civil 3D, 2010.  In these drawings, I can try to use the scale popup at the buttom of the editor window either in paper space or model. A Fatal Error is returned. To change the paper space viewport scale, I have to use the zoom XP command to keep from crashing but the annotation scale is another thing.  I have not found a work around.  I have tried to set the CANNOSCALE variable and I have tried to set it through a lisp script.  The drawing does not Error out by setting this variable, but does not actually change the properties of the viewport either.  My default setting for ANNOAUTOSCALE is -4 for what it is worth.  If there is a solution out there, I sure would like to hear about it.  Thanks.

Tags (1)
25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
4Runner
in reply to: dgorsman

This didn't seem to work. I went though every annotative entity in my drawing and erased annotative scales that weren't in the main drawing. I now only have 6 or so basic scales. still the same issue.

Message 22 of 26
gccdaemon
in reply to: 4Runner

Like I said it's probably an install problem. Here is a custom scale list i made. Rename it to a .REG file and double click to add to the registry. No Arch scales in it. FYI if an annotative scale does not match the name of the scale in the viewport exactly, then it won't show in that viewport. With this scale list when you reset the scale list it will show all the new scales. I would suggest resetting the scale in a new DWG and saving over your ACAD.DWT. When you go to reinstall civil 3d, check autodesk for how to completely remove autocad. They have registry values that you'll need to remove for clean reinstall.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 23 of 26
4Runner
in reply to: gccdaemon

You are the man! I re-installed as per these instructions http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17333961&linkID=9240697 . edited the registry with the file you provided. I used the command -listscaleedit in the problematic drawing and reset the scales. Finally I can change annotation scales for my viewports again without CAD crashing! I owe you a beer! or a dozen.... thanks again!

Message 24 of 26
gccdaemon

Any time! Don't forget to hit Accept as solution so other people can find it when they search the postings. Have a great day!

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 25 of 26
4Runner
in reply to: gccdaemon

How do I "accept as solution"? I don't see that option.

Message 26 of 26
Jeff_M

You only have the option to "accept as solution" when you are the person who starts the thread. 

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report