Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d Crash in Startup

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
crmb1899
648 Views, 5 Replies

Civil 3d Crash in Startup

Hi Please Help. C3D is Crashing too much. I have already unninstallled and installed about 5 times in 2 days.

I am running Windows 8 Pro. I have my Building Design Suite and Infraestructure Suite and Civil 3D is the only one with this problem. Please someone tell me how fix this problem

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
neilyj666
in reply to: crmb1899

Civil 3D is not Win 8 compatible - at least not yet, although it'll be a safe bet that C3D 2014 will be compatible but who knows about previous versions

In the meantime, install Windows 7....Smiley Wink

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 6
rkmcswain

@crmb1899 wrote:

Hi Please Help.

C3D is Crashing too much. 

I am running Windows 8 Pro.

There is the problem, most likely.

System Requirements

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 6
crmb1899
in reply to: rkmcswain

I know some programs are not compatible like Revit but Civil 3D is the only one with the problem and i have like Revit 2013 and others that are not compatible with Windows 8 and afe running well. How this happen? C. Morales
Message 5 of 6
Matt_Haokip

Hi Morales

I understand you are experiencing issues with Civil 3D and the new Windows 8 operating system. Unfortunately at this time Civil 3D is not supported in the Windows 8 environment. Please check back to this technical solution for an updated list of the Autodesk products that are supported on Windows 8: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS19048377 

That being said, I do have some suggestions to offer which may improve your performance a bit. Turn off the following if they are currently on:

• Properties Palette
  • Tool Tips
  • Quick Properties

Again this environment is unsupported, but these may help a bit for the time being.

If you are experiencing crashes with Windows 8, we would highly encourage you to submit any CER reports that appear as these will provide our Development Team with data necessary to support Windows 8 in the future as well as find any other issues that may need to be addressed. For more information about CER reports and what they do, please follow this link: http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/08/reminder-the-importance-of-customer-error-reports-ce...

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 6 of 6
rkmcswain

@crmb1899 wrote:
I know some programs are not compatible like Revit but Civil 3D is the only one with the problem and i have like Revit 2013 and others that are not compatible with Windows 8 and afe running well. How this happen? C. Morales

Look at it like this......

You can install it and try it, but unless the O/S is supported, you're on your own.

IOW - Autodesk has not tested it (or they have an know it won't work) and they are not going to provide support for it. If it works, then great, if not, then use a supported O/S.

With the ongoing new releases every 12 months, it's unlikely that any existing version will ever be retrofitted to work with a new O/S.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report