Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

civil 3d compatibility with revit

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
brittpiap
993 Views, 8 Replies

civil 3d compatibility with revit

Hello,

I have a C3d drawing (2009) that a client wants as 'an exported Industry Foundation Class (IFC) file which will be used for visual representation in Revit'.  Is there a way to do this when I don't have any other software, just my 3d?  

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
SethHall
in reply to: brittpiap

Hi brittpiap-

Please forgive me as I am not very familair with the Revit product, but I believe you need to EXPORTTOAUTOCAD your Civil 3D surface for it to be brought into Revit.

You may want to post this question in the Revit forums as they will have more information as to what Revit can accept from Civil 3D: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Architecture/bd-p/133

Good luck!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 9
brittpiap
in reply to: SethHall

thanks,

I will try that out...do you have any idea if that would work with my 3d survey figures, civil 3d points and text associated with lines and such? 

Message 4 of 9
SethHall

To be honest with you, I have only had limited experience with the Revit interoperability. Mainly dealing with surfaces, so I am unsure if those objects will import into Revit.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 5 of 9
brittpiap
in reply to: SethHall

okay...thanks for your suggestions.

Message 6 of 9
whitmc

The best way to get a Civil 3D drawing into Revit is to change the PROXYGRAPHICS system variable in Civil 3D to 1.  This will save an image of the civil objects in the file that will appear in Revit.  Take a look at the AU website.  You will have to register at the site, but you should be able to look for a class called "From Dirt to Doors" by Jason Hickey and Mike Massey.  I believe they did the class at AU 2007 and again in 2008. 

Message 7 of 9
brittpiap
in reply to: whitmc

Please explain more of this PROXYGRAPHICS.

Do I do this before I start my drawing? Can I do it now that all MY work is done?

Do I have to save the drawing as?  Will it mess up my working drawing?

Does it export some other product out?

And that class sounds like it would be good for all drafters to invest in.

Thanks for the tip.

Message 8 of 9
whitmc

PROXYGRAPHICS is just a system variable. You can set it at any time, just make sure that you save your file after changing the setting. It does not affect the drawing file other than increasing the size of the drawing just a little. It will not affect your model in any way, it just saves an image of the civil 3D objects so that they are visible in the other software.
Message 9 of 9
engr_mondo

Got a good videos for you...http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=13734321&linkID=9243097 Enjoy and goodluck! HTH
Regards,

Mondo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report