Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D - Bearing & distance in land survey drawing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TREVOROAKLAND2987
2132 Views, 3 Replies

Civil 3D - Bearing & distance in land survey drawing

I am attempting to inset bearing and distance on lines in the drawing.  I have not been able to adjust the precision.  Also, would like to insert bearings and distances using point numbers instead of lines between points.  Is this possible, and if so, how is it done?

Trevor

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: TREVOROAKLAND2987

1. What precision are you after?  Are you using a template (.dwt) to begin that is configured to your needs?

You can select a style in the settings portion of the Toolspace.  Edit using the Label Style Composer.  If this does not mean anything to you, use Google -> Civil 3D Label Style Composer.

2.  Set osnapz to 1, snap a line between points on a non printing layer, then label as above.

Bill

Message 3 of 4

Trevor,

This is controlled by the style you use (General, Line, Label)  You'll need to go into the style text editor, and change the precision there.  Remember to delete the old setting and use the blue arrow to insert the new value.

Reid

Message 4 of 4

Thank you for your reply.  In Settings I have General - Label Styles - line.  The item Line does not appear under General.  Is it possible to create a new item under General.

Trevor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report